BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

KINGPIN Problem part needed

• Jafco3331
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jul 2017 16:44 #182824 by Jafco3331
KINGPIN Problem part needed was created by Jafco3331
Hey my offside kingpin has gone i am needing the car before thursday night. (my cousins wedding and got a nice 500 mile round trip) i got a friend thats able to squeeze me in to fit the parts before hand. my question whats the best place to by the kingpin kit in time for delivery either tomorrow or thursday?
I have seen Jimny Bits got them does any one know if they can guarntee next day delivery i would phone them but i know its late in the day now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Josh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2017 20:29 - 18 Jul 2017 20:32 #182836 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic KINGPIN Problem part needed
You can get the bearings and shaft seal over the counter at any decent bearing shop. They are standard industry sizes.

The big dust seal is Jimny specific but it's not compulsory to change it. I don't bother. If there is the slightest bit of corrosion on the swivel it doesn't seal anything anyway.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2017 20:32 by Busta.

• Jafco3331
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jul 2017 04:49 #182842 by Jafco3331
Replied by Jafco3331 on topic KINGPIN Problem part needed
cheers so its only the bearings i need and not the whole kit. there isnt much leaking from the bottom only when i have been checing for play

More
19 Jul 2017 05:10 #182843 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic KINGPIN Problem part needed
I've only ever changed the bearings and the shaft seal.
The bearing is a 30302.
The seal is a 26x38x8 r23

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds