BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Headlight adjustment

More
19 Jun 2017 08:46 - 19 Jun 2017 11:45 #182188 by 2013gary
Replied by 2013gary on topic Headlight adjustment
Yeah I know what you mean the people who test mine are good like that - he spent a few minutes trying to adjust the headlights using the bolts on the back but was unable to do it which is why he had to fail it. I'm sure he would have changed the beam with the switch inside... if he knew it was there of course.

I can't remember what it was on so I will set it to 0 and take it back in and see what they say. Will look a bit silly if it's still out though as that will be the third time!

Gary
Last edit: 19 Jun 2017 11:45 by 2013gary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2017 11:46 #182196 by 2013gary
All passed now it seems that the interior switch wasn't set to zero before the original MOT. Thanks all for your help.

Gary

• 1066Boy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jun 2017 16:03 #182200 by 1066Boy
Replied by 1066Boy on topic Headlight adjustment
That's good news, at least it was something simple. :)

More
28 Jun 2017 11:06 #182360 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic Headlight adjustment
I also have exactly the same issue with the two bolts/screws on the back of the headlamps not working. Or to better say, the bolts turn but to no effect.

My issue can not be resolved by adjusting the height of the headlamps from the user switch inside the cabin, because one headlamp lights too high and the other one lights too low. So both need to be adjusted separately by using those screws on their rear end.

Has anyone ever successfully fiddled with them, and what could cause them to fail and what might the remedies be?

More
28 Jun 2017 11:10 #182361 by 2013gary
Hi,

When I was initially fiddling with mine, both of the adjuster bolts appeared to do nothing, but on close inspection the lower of the two bolts did move the beam ever so slightly. I was constantly turning the bolt for about 2 minutes before I noticed any difference in the height at all.

Gary

• Mikeburton2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Dec 2019 14:25 #216283 by Mikeburton2000
Replied by Mikeburton2000 on topic Headlight adjustment
I know this thread is bit old now, but I had experienced similar issues with the headlights on the Jimny I just bought. There are two adjusters on the back of the headlight. The one at the top controls the Left/Right alignment, and the one at the bottom (on the electronic headlight leveler unit) controls the up/down alignment. Adjusting the bolt head as if tightening will bring the headlight beam downward and loosening the bolt head will move the beam upward. It is possible when adjusting upward, for the bolt to withdraw from the nut and thus no further adjustment can be made. However, just turning the bolt as if tightening will get it back in the thread again (usually). Hope this helps.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds