BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs

• philbotechnics
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2015 21:40 #156364 by philbotechnics
Replied by philbotechnics on topic Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs
Sounds straight forward enough
The topic has been locked.
  • philbotechnics
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Nov 2015 21:47 #156368 by philbotechnics
Replied by philbotechnics on topic Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs
How much for hubs and spacers
Thanks
  • GuardianAngel
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Nov 2015 05:34 #156392 by GuardianAngel
Replied by GuardianAngel on topic Re:RE: Re:Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs

j999pre wrote: Just use one of the existing rubber pipes. I did this then just connected the 2wires to the vacuum sensor (just under the solenoids) hey presto solid green light instantly

I also put some sealant in the ends of the tubes before fitting them to make them more water tight.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk
More
17 Nov 2015 18:33 #156504 by helijohn

helijohn wrote: Longer is the job of electrically stopping the flashing light. I have an article on it with pics if you can search for it.

Check this out. www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/7-jimny...-light-with-pictures

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
  • ashv970
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Sep 2017 11:14 - 26 Sep 2017 11:26 #184517 by ashv970
Replied by ashv970 on topic Converting Vacuum hubs to fixed hubs

Docmartin4x4 wrote: I have drilled and tapped the centre of the hub M10 and screwed a bolt in, sealing the thread with loctite, it works a treat. I have done 800 mile since the mod with no side effects and it took me 15 mins to do. just remember to put plenty of grease on the drill and tap if you do the job with hubs in situ to catch cuttings.

Mart

Been thinking of adding additional step to your procedure, since you drilled out a hole in the center and screwed-in a bolt. What if that bolt is welded to the center cog which then allows a "crude" method of Locking and Unlocking the bubs by either tightening the bolt (lock) and loosening it (unlock) pulling out the cog vice-versa. [interested on exploring this before i empty my pocket on getting Samurai manual hubs]

PS.
This is my first post here but learning a lot from the topics here since I've acquired my Jimny a year ago..
Here is one of my trail pictures. [Im from the Philippines]
Mods: 5.37:1 diff re-gear; 2in coil spacer quick-lift; adjusted pan-hard front/rear; 29" MT, 2in shocks; snorkel; fender trims; nudge bar
Last edit: 26 Sep 2017 11:26 by ashv970.
More
14 Mar 2018 11:32 - 14 Mar 2018 11:36 #190398 by Bosanek
I hereby inform the public that I incorporated this entire Kirkynut's guide (the guide from the beginning of this forum topic) into the existing wiki article "Manual or fixed front wheel hub heads" (chapter "Solution 1d").

Many thanks to Kirkynut for writing the guide in the first place and for refreshing the pictures recently so that I could add them directly into the wiki.

This forum topic can now be abolished and removed from the "sticky" stack.
Last edit: 14 Mar 2018 11:36 by Bosanek. Reason: clarified the chapter name
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza
More
14 Mar 2018 17:31 #190406 by helijohn
I like it on the sticky so I for one want it to stay.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
  • Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 Mar 2018 05:29 #190430 by Lambert
I think it is useful for some cross filing of information on common questions to be available in the forum and the wiki. It makes the forum more useful for newcomers and with updates to the threads on what is in the wiki it gives an opportunity for extra reading. Thanks to all the wiki contributors your time and effort are appreciated.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds