BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

M16a VVT engine into non VVT Jimny.

More
22 Aug 2014 19:46 #122559 by Rhinoman
I would pull the heads apart and check, at the very least you should be able to use the Jimny head and cam although you may need the Jimny oil pump too. The Jimny cam will be a little 'softer' but would work.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jtayl153
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Aug 2014 21:03 #122562 by jtayl153
Replied by jtayl153 on topic M16a VVT engine into non VVT Jimny.
you'll also need to use the Jimny clutch and flywheel

The only Issue with using the Liana ECU is the 4x4 systems may go screwy.

More
22 Aug 2014 21:56 #122564 by supergaz

RichiesJimny wrote: Probably easier to buy a wiring loom ecu and the keys etc from a vvt Jimny than it would be to try and chop the wiring harness.
But my advise would be to just buy the correct engine

I think this is the best solution using a jimny VVT loom.

• Tony M16a
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Aug 2014 08:41 #122572 by Tony M16a
Replied by Tony M16a on topic M16a VVT engine into non VVT Jimny.
Thanks for the comments.

Make your mind up time I think. Logic says go get a non VVT engine.

BUT ...... Have a good Liana 1.6 VVT. I have found out that in Japan there is a company that sells 1.6 blocks for fitting 1.3 Jimny head etc. If intended route fails will revert back to looking at the wiring looms but even if I aquire a Jimny VVT loom it is a lot of hastle for immobiliser compatibility. Am going for the head strip and inlet cam swap on the 1.6 as first move. If a no go will consider the 1.3 head on the 1.6 block to go back to non VVT (Believe the valves are a little smaller). This way wiring will hopefully not be an issue. Oh and yes Jimny clutch and flywheel with other previously mentioned mechanical mods.

Any comments welcome. Remaining issue is which inlet manifold? Seems to be different opinions.

More
25 Dec 2016 19:21 #175931 by supergaz
I have non VVT M16a engines ready to ship or collect if interested. £250 each.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds