BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Wading kit

• Bigchridy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2010 19:09 #5420 by Bigchridy
Wading kit was created by Bigchridy
I've started to carry out a few small modifications to my Jimny before I sell the Disco. I want to fit a wading kit to the Jimny before I take the vehicle off road.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get a wading kit from or is it just a case of looking on ebay?

Are there just 4 breathers on the Jimny (axles, transfer box, and gear box)?
I have heard of some 4x4's having fuel tank breathers and want to make sure the Jimny doesnt before it goes off road.:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2010 19:32 #5426 by Garry
Replied by Garry on topic Re: Wading kit
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationthis is the one i have on the axels

• Bigchridy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2010 19:56 #5432 by Bigchridy
Replied by Bigchridy on topic Re: Wading kit
Cheers mate that is the one I have seen on ebay. Do you not have them on the gear box and transfer box?

• 4wheelers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Oct 2010 20:53 #5439 by 4wheelers
Replied by 4wheelers on topic Re: Wading kit
How does the nylon tube connect to the axle breather outlet? Does it just push on or is it clamped to the axle fitting?

More
27 Oct 2010 21:20 - 28 Oct 2010 08:51 #5440 by ooky_123
Replied by ooky_123 on topic Re: Wading kit
Just fitted one of these to the Jimny today.
Arrived in the post all nice and orange, and was fitted within 30 minutes.

You prise off the caps of the diff breathers and then the little reducers can be squeezed into the lengths of tube that then can be push fitted over the diff breathers.
the pipe then push fits into the unions and locks in position.
I ran the pipe into the wing where the old airbox was and then up into the snorkel.

I cable tied all the pipes to the existing vacuum / brake pipes along the chassis

What isnt shown in picture 1 is 2x small pieces of nylon re-inforced pipe that is also included. These fit between the diff breather and the reducer.

The Kit includes 10 Meters of pipe which is more than enough.

Former owner of Little "Ooky", who has now started a new life in Shetland
Attachments:
Last edit: 28 Oct 2010 08:51 by ooky_123.

• 4wheelers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2010 10:40 #5457 by 4wheelers
Thanks for the pics. That looks like a fantastic kit. Off to ebay I am now.:)

More
28 Oct 2010 10:46 #5458 by ooky_123
top make it bullet proof, I think I will get 2x jubile clips to secure the pipe to the breater. not necessary, but really a belt and bracers approach

• 4wheelers
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2010 11:26 #5460 by 4wheelers
Is the pipe that pushes into the breather a tight fit? I was thinking maybe som sealant on it before pushing it in? Have just odered the kit by the way.

More
28 Oct 2010 11:31 #5461 by ooky_123
No need for any silicon, the fit is very tight. In fact, to get the reducer into the nylon re-inforced pieve of tube, you have to push it quite hard (i forced it in by pushing it against the spare tyre). the small pipe fits into the reducers with like a bayonet fixing, and it can be removed by pulling back the blue flange.
Just make sure the breather is free from dirt and debris.

Any problems, give me a shout, but you should beable to work it out quite easily !!

• Reloaded
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Oct 2010 16:15 #5466 by Reloaded
Replied by Reloaded on topic Re: Wading kit
I'm gonna score myself a kit! B)

check out item 130437600203 - the same I think and from the same seller but only £15.50

More
29 Oct 2010 15:57 #5502 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Re: Wading kit
Garden hose does the same job and is cheap from Wilko's / Factory Shop etc. Used it on my SJ and now the Jimny and no probs at all.

Need to use a Jubilee clip though.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

• Bigchridy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Nov 2010 19:55 #5688 by Bigchridy
Replied by Bigchridy on topic Re: Wading kit
My wading kit turned up today, which got me thinking again! I was going to fit it after work today but I had to fit a new rear caliper to the disco (more expence before I sell it)!:(

Anyway I want to route the pipe up and into the rear of the cab probably up the side next to the rear door. Before I start can anyone tell me how many breathers the Jimny has? My Disco has 4 but the pics that others have posted only show the axles on the Jimny. Does it not have breathers on the transfer box and gear box?

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds