BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Front fog lights

• DonegalGuy
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Apr 2014 15:02 #112514 by DonegalGuy
Front fog lights was created by DonegalGuy
Got a '01 Jimny with no front fog lights and just 2 blank areas in the front bumper, managed to locate new fog's for €20 each but do I assume there is a metal fixing bracket that mounts behind the bumper somewhere in order to attach said lights? My jeep is lacking the mounting brackets but I do have some lugs with holes in the middle around the fog light blanking plates behind the bumper. Any pearls of wisdom on this would be greatly appreciated so I can buy some fogs and fit them so I can get them broken by small stones when I'm driving :ohmy: :laugh:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2014 18:28 #112532 by helijohn
Replied by helijohn on topic Front fog lights

DonegalGuy wrote: Got a '01 Jimny with no front fog lights and just 2 blank areas in the front bumper, managed to locate new fog's for €20 each but do I assume there is a metal fixing bracket that mounts behind the bumper somewhere in order to attach said lights? My jeep is lacking the mounting brackets but I do have some lugs with holes in the middle around the fog light blanking plates behind the bumper. Any pearls of wisdom on this would be greatly appreciated so I can buy some fogs and fit them so I can get them broken by small stones when I'm driving :ohmy: :laugh:

I'll have to check but I think mine are in a simple plastic housing.

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DonegalGuy

• Snowy176
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Apr 2014 03:52 #112563 by Snowy176
Replied by Snowy176 on topic Front fog lights
With mine i put in 150 series prado fogs and secured them with loop screws and zip ties has not failed yet!

• redcap0006
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2018 19:17 #195058 by redcap0006
Replied by redcap0006 on topic Front fog lights
Hi Snowy176
I've lost a fog light and fittings drivers side from the bumper of my 2005 vvt JIMNY, could you possibly post/send me a www link to a website that supplies a replacement you have used successfully. Nor too clever finding stuff
Regards

More
12 Aug 2018 19:58 #195059 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Front fog lights
Some photos of mine here - www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/6-jimny...ound?start=48#179753

I changed mine for daylight running lights / fog lights bought from Germany... you can see the standard mounting brackets...

Hope that helps...

Dave

• redcap0006
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Aug 2018 20:13 #195060 by redcap0006
Nice one Dave
like to visit mine for a week? bring your tools. Really helpful, Thanks

Gary

More
13 Aug 2018 16:59 #195093 by X8GGY
Replied by X8GGY on topic Front fog lights
Happy to help Gary ;)

More
13 Aug 2018 17:19 #195095 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Front fog lights
The fog lights are more or less the same on many japanese cars, i bought mine on ebay. cheapest ones i found and they are really crappy.
The brackets I bought original Suzuki.
Cannot remember how much they where, but not too scary price on them i think since i ended up buying them..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• redcap0006
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 Aug 2018 17:30 #195096 by redcap0006
Thanks Yakusa, Jimny in shop getting jobs which I will not do, done. Lights will be tackled might try second hand, need one but will take two. Hopefully getting brake discs and pads tomorrow and other bits
Gary

More
06 Sep 2018 12:38 #195738 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic Front fog lights
This wiki article should be useful for this topic.

• redcap0006
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Oct 2018 14:27 #196519 by redcap0006
Took a while but found the bits required to now have both front fog lamps working. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds