BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

KEY PROGRAMMING

More
01 Dec 2018 21:25 #198505 by Bosanek
Replied by Bosanek on topic KEY PROGRAMMING
Yakuza, when you say "you will need the correct immo chips to program it to your car", what do you exactly mean?

If the vehicle has an immobilizer, and if you get a replacement original key with 2 remote locking buttons integrated into it, does such a key already have the immobilizer chip?
Can this Chinese device reprogram such a second-hand key to another Jimny from the one to which it was originally programmed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2018 21:38 - 01 Dec 2018 21:39 #198507 by Jezz
Replied by Jezz on topic KEY PROGRAMMING

The imobilizer chip is separate to the lock unlock electronics

It's been fettled just a tad.
Attachments:
Last edit: 01 Dec 2018 21:39 by Jezz. Reason: spelling

More
02 Dec 2018 09:38 #198517 by Bosanek
A picture says a thousand words.

Is the metal key blade easily replaceable in that particular picture?

More
16 Dec 2019 05:09 #216500 by SpamJ
Replied by SpamJ on topic KEY PROGRAMMING
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

yakuza wrote:

I bought this or a similar item. It works and I can program my existing keys in my 2005 Jimny.
You will need the correct immo chips to program it to your car.

Long time reader, first time poster - Thank you very much for this information regarding the OBDSTAR, it was the last part in the replacement key puzzle for me.

In case it helps anyone else down the line, this was the process on my Australia delivered 2004 M13A non VVT 2004 Jimny for getting a blank unregistered Suzuki key w'immobiliser and remote central locking fully working:

1: Obtain a new genuine Suzuki key - for our Australian delivered 2004 M13A non VCT Jimny, P/N 37145-81A00 was specified, which is now NLA and has been superseded by 37145-81AV0 - this is expensive, but it's a complete key, with everything included - transponder, central locking remote buttons & battery (I paid under $200 AUD delivered from Japan)

2: Get the 6-digit lock code from drivers side door lock (must remove driver side door trim - it's stamped on the barrel)
3: Have locksmith cut key only according to 6-digit code (this should not be expensive)

4: Follow Suzuki procedure for pairing new central locking remote buttons to the car: see procedure detailed by Grasshopper back in 2014, that's detailed earlier in this thread.

NOTE: now the key will operate the central locking, open the doors, turn on the ignition, and crank the engine, however it will not start the car due to the immobiliser not recognising the key - attempting to start with the unregistered key will leave a DTC indicating that an attempt to start the engine with an unregistered key has been made.

5: Obtain OBDSTAR 109 for Suzuki from Aliexpress / Ebay etc to register the key with the immobiliser (I paid $70 AUD)
6. Use ODBSTAR, to register the new key (I re-registered the old key first, then the new key) quite simple to use, but worth noting I had to select the immobiliser by "type" rather than "vehicle model" - mine was "Type 2" from memory (I just went rogue and experimented until I found a "type" that performed the programming successfully as the OBDSTAR failed when I programmed by model)

In summary the total cost was under $300 AUD for a brand new full functional factory key with remote central locking and immobiliser - so a whole lot cheaper than from the main dealer or via a locksmith. Thanks again to the contributors of information in this thread over multiple years, much appreciated. Hopefully my addition might make the process easier / help someone else down the line that doesn't want to pay extortionate amounts of money for something as simple as a replacement key.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yakuza

More
20 Dec 2019 08:41 #216620 by Bosanek
Thank you very much for this high quality contribution. This topic is linked into the BigJimny wiki, so it will not be lost in the forum stack.

More
22 Dec 2019 22:42 #216721 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic KEY PROGRAMMING

Bosanek wrote: Yakuza, when you say "you will need the correct immo chips to program it to your car", what do you exactly mean?

If the vehicle has an immobilizer, and if you get a replacement original key with 2 remote locking buttons integrated into it, does such a key already have the immobilizer chip?
Can this Chinese device reprogram such a second-hand key to another Jimny from the one to which it was originally programmed?

The original keys should have the chip inside and they all need coding to your ECU.
The obdstar should manage to code any correct original chip to your ECU.
There might be two or more different series or types of chips for the gen3 jimnys, early and later.

I would however like to know the part number for the immochip, or how to obtain the correct immo chip to make your own keys, because my car has no remote FOB reciever so I have to use third party aftermarket remote central locking keys..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

• Neil54
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Dec 2019 00:31 #216722 by Neil54
Replied by Neil54 on topic KEY PROGRAMMING
I have just bought a new central locking fob for my key, the two buttons.
It was supplied by my local Suzuki dealer and cost £135 programmed.
I had to take all my keys with me. Didn't take long.

• prolecs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Sep 2020 00:23 #227613 by prolecs
Replied by prolecs on topic KEY PROGRAMMING
I believe the chip is a D46 (433MHz) but can't confirm this as I don't have the programmer or OBDSTAR. My 2010 Aussie Jimny has B05519 stamped on the chip but no D46 marking. Experience with Mk4 Astra key programming - it uses "PCF7936AS Auto key transponder chip ID46" and these have no D46 markings either. But do have the PCF .... number. You can buy blank chips online very cheaply.

More
02 Sep 2020 05:45 #227635 by yakuza
The immo chip type for the Jimny is at least three different series of chips and if you do not have the correct address range for your ECU/year you cannot program that chip to the ECU.
I tried to copy my own chip address to blank chips, tried to buy chips from ebay but to no effect, they are not programmable to the ECU. Might just admit I am not a criminal i guess :)

Best to just do this at a Suzuki dealer as there is a limit to how many keys you need so the cost is lower and hassle much less.
I tried just for the fun of it also but when i failed it was not so fun :)

Nowadays my aftermarket key fob sometimes fails to register the chip in the ignition antenna so the immo kicks in and blinks and no ignition. have to remove the key and try again and then it starts.
happens from time to time..

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

More
02 Sep 2020 05:52 #227636 by yakuza
Actually I would like a keyless go like the newer Suzukis. there is aftermarket kits you can buy with RFid readers and often you allready got a RFid chip for your door or work or something so if you can program that same door chip to your car would be nice.

• Kicomoco
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Sep 2020 18:10 #227884 by Kicomoco
Replied by Kicomoco on topic KEY PROGRAMMING
Does anybody know how to identify if your Jimny has the receiver for remote locking?

• prolecs
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jul 2021 05:05 #237180 by prolecs
Replied by prolecs on topic KEY PROGRAMMING
Well you could check the receiver module up behind the dash - 37190-81A70 seems with keyless entry for type 6 and 7 and maybe others (without is 38700-84F30).

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds