BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for more technical discussions. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

2005 Jimny Transponder key coding

• electricblue
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jun 2012 12:07 #41845 by electricblue
2005 Jimny Transponder key coding was created by electricblue
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me out with the procedure to code a transponder and central locking key to a 2005 jimny?

I have the workshop manula on CD, but that only shows how to use a suzuki scan tool to program the key to the car. I am hoping there is a manual way.

And I believe the key model for my car is TS002. I have found new after market remote units for sale but there are two types for the ts002 the 4T and the 4Y which are different frequencies. Does anyone know how to found out which one my car uses?

I think the transponder chip ID is 4D65 not sure though?

I am unable to look at the orginal key for specs as I have lost it!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 247sniper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jun 2012 13:28 #41847 by 247sniper
Replied by 247sniper on topic Re: 2005 Jimny Transponder key coding
I stand corrected but…… you can’t programme the keys or a new key without the genuine Suzuki diagnostic machine.

Steve.

:(

• reaper
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jun 2012 13:30 #41848 by reaper
Replied by reaper on topic Re: 2005 Jimny Transponder key coding
Or the master key or so I believe

ics rooted an clocked and still I carnt type using tapatalk

More
06 Jun 2012 14:22 #41849 by facade
No you can't.
On a Toyota, there is a way to programme a new key with the master key, that involves doors opening & closing and brake pedal pressing, but there is no similar information about for Suzuki.

The thing in the handbook about pressing both buttons on the remote to synch it with the car only works if the remote was originally coded to the car and has now lost its way, not with a new one.

If you have lost all the keys, you need a new immobiliser, and most likely a new ecu, as they are coded together.

(Off topic, but do not buy a peugeot 206. If you sneeze near them, or in my mate's case disconnect the battery following a very long winded procedure including walking 3 times around the car widdershins, the wipers & indicators don't work, and the car is scrap, because it needs a new body electronics controller, and it has to be dealer programmed to the car, which is more than the car is worth)

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• markyp2000
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Jun 2012 18:09 #41858 by markyp2000
Replied by markyp2000 on topic Re: 2005 Jimny Transponder key coding

facade wrote: No you can't.
On a Toyota, there is a way to programme a new key with the master key, that involves doors opening & closing and brake pedal pressing, but there is no similar information about for Suzuki.

The thing in the handbook about pressing both buttons on the remote to synch it with the car only works if the remote was originally coded to the car and has now lost its way, not with a new one.

If you have lost all the keys, you need a new immobiliser, and most likely a new ecu, as they are coded together.

(Off topic, but do not buy a peugeot 206. If you sneeze near them, or in my mate's case disconnect the battery following a very long winded procedure including walking 3 times around the car widdershins, the wipers & indicators don't work, and the car is scrap, because it needs a new body electronics controller, and it has to be dealer programmed to the car, which is more than the car is
worth)

your last part about the pug try pulling the shunt fues out it may reset it self

More
06 Jun 2012 21:08 #41866 by facade

markyp2000 wrote:
your last part about the pug try pulling the shunt fues out it may reset it self

The shunt fuse is the one inside the car? It didn't

Pulled the 70A fuses by the battery. When I put the second one back, the car locked itself. With the only keys in. :blush:

Soon had it open by making an opener from a hacksaw blade. I watch too many American films ;)

It still doesn't work though.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• electricblue
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2012 04:13 #41885 by electricblue
Replied by electricblue on topic Re: 2005 Jimny Transponder key coding
Thanks for the information guys.

• electricblue
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2012 04:28 #41886 by electricblue
I'm not sure that you would need a new immobiliser or ecu, as suzuki can completely programme new keys to the immobliser and there is a procedure to code the immobiliser to the ecu in the manual.

I spoke to a guy at the suzuki dealership here and he gave me the part numer I needed for the correct remote & transponder key for my car: 37145-55JV1.

He said if I can get a second hand key with that part number and get a new blade cut to suit my car they can programme it to the car.

I also found a manual online for the suzuki key programmer which has manual procedures in it for programming just the remote central locking part of the key. However the jimny wasn't included. Although I am wondering of one of the other procedures will work.

I have attached the manual to this post.

File Attachment:

File Name: Suzuki_Manual.pdf
File Size:830 KB
Attachments:

• electricblue
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2012 04:33 #41887 by electricblue
I have also been thinking that you could buy 4D65 transponder chips online quit inexpensively from ebay. It would be possible to ket just a plan key cut and get the transponder programmed to the Imobbiliser Unit at suzuki.

Or buy a key programmer, a cheap one would set you back $200-300 that can susposedly program the jimny ICU.

Ebay also sell transponder key blanks for the jimny without central locking for around $30AUD.

One probelm though is that I needed to provide my vin to suzuki to get the correct part number, as suzuki change transponder chips and remotes alot across models.

So there is no gaurantee that if I bought an aftermarket it would be corret as the imformation out there seems to be vague at best.

More
07 Jun 2012 07:55 #41894 by facade

electricblue wrote: I'm not sure that you would need a new immobiliser or ecu, as suzuki can completely programme new keys to the immobliser and there is a procedure to code the immobiliser to the ecu in the manual.

My bad. I meant that you go to a scrapyard and get immobiliser, engine ecu, keys (and lock barrels) and change everything as a set.

Unless you get "mates rates" at Suzuki getting them to supply and code a key to the car is a more expensive option. (At least it is over here)

• electricblue
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2012 12:02 #44145 by electricblue
I have made some progress with programming a key to my Jimny.

The transponder for the jimny turns out to be texas crypto 4d65. I purchased a chip from ebay(AUS$15) along with a chinese silca key progamming machine (AUS$170), which can read and programm the immobilizer in the jimny. So using this machine I was able to successfully progam a transponder key to my car and clear the old key.

I have also been able to find out that the programming procedure for the remote is actually a manual procedure as I have found it in my workshop manual.

However i have tried programming two TS002 remotes I have with no success.

I am hoping that some nice chap that has a jimny around the 2005 mark that has keyless entry would be willing to open the key up and tell me the part number on the remote unit inside the key?

I am aware that different countires might use different remotes but it's worth a shot.

I have seen keys on ebay that are either TS002 remotes or omron kl3. I just wanted to check before I buy one just to try.

• electricblue
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Jul 2012 09:23 - 15 Jul 2012 09:27 #44175 by electricblue
Ok I have made some more progress and I thought I would post it as the information may be useful to someone.

I don't know why I didn't do this to start with, but I went and looked at the keyless entry receiver unit in the car and found the make and model number which is ALPS Electric model number 37190A7.

I had rembered seeing this number in the owners manual listed in the section that tells you how to change the battery in the remote key. There was a little blurb saying receiver model number 37190A7 and transmitter model number 37182-A7 conform to standard blah blah blah.

So googling this model number revelled transmitter keys with the correct remote for my jimny. I found old listings on ebay but none currently for sale.

So in summing up the transponder chip ID is texas crypto 4d65 which can be purchased and programmed into the immobliser, and in fact some lock smiths have a machine that can plug into your carvia the can-obd II port to programm the transponder. No need to go to Suzuki.

Once you know the correct model number for your remote then extra remotes can be purchased and programmed manually using the following attached procedure.
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Jul 2012 09:27 by electricblue. Reason: forgot attachement

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds