BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Fox Shock Installation

• zukebob
  • zukebob's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Manila, Philippines
More
27 Nov 2019 01:39 #216000 by zukebob
I would have replied to Keithy's post in another thread yesterday but was busy doing this:

Initial test fit with the elbow installed so that the hose would be directed downward.

Reservoir mounted

Rear started. Went to a nearby mall for lunch so didn't take final pictures of those. Will add them when I finally update my build thread.

I started out with nothing & still have most of it left
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• zukebob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Manila, Philippines
More
27 Nov 2019 01:45 #216001 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Fox Shock Installation
When the Fox rep installed the elbows, he suggested that, rather than going directly to the standard 200 psi on reassembly, that I start at 150 psi and then decide what I wanted. After driving for a while, I will also decide if I want to do any revalving.

More
27 Nov 2019 14:43 #216017 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Fox Shock Installation
I thought you had a gen4.....interested to see how theae work out!

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
27 Nov 2019 17:49 - 27 Nov 2019 17:49 #216023 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Fox Shock Installation
Im interested in the model of shock you are using Bob. Mine are 2.0x8 smooth body/remote reservoir and stickered "Factory race series", the same as your rear ones. These look a different length to suit less lift perhaps? I love them on the front, need to order some rears once I measure up lengths needed. Im running 200psi in them, which is firm but ok with some weight in the car. Will mess about and try lower to see what its like.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Last edit: 27 Nov 2019 17:49 by Riccy.

• zukebob
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
    Registered
  • Manila, Philippines
More
28 Nov 2019 02:42 #216027 by zukebob
Replied by zukebob on topic Fox Shock Installation
Nah, Keithy. Just my Gen3. Haven't gone to the dark side…..yet. I think my daughter may end up deciding she wants one of the new moel.

Riccy:
Mine are 980-02-049 for the front and 980-06-030 for the rear. Those are as close as I could find to match the shock mounting dimensions taken by another Jimny owner (12.28 inches on bumpstops in front and 13.78 inches on bumpstops for the rear). The 980-02-049 are 11.84 inches compressed and 18.34 extended. The 980-06-030 are 12.3 inches compressed and 18.8 extended. If you haven’t already looked, your model number may be imprinted on the shock body end cap. That is where mine are marked.

I did order custom valving. The front standard is 45/30. I think a little light on the rebound so I had it made with 45/80. The rear are 30/90 standard but I had those changed to 80 rebound also.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Riccy

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds