× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.[/size][/color][/b]

Diff ratios

More
21 Nov 2019 20:21 #215843 by Mole
Diff ratios was created by Mole
Evening.
I know this has been covered so dont want to flog a dead horse but I got a little lost while reading the posts. From what I gather jimny diff ratios vary through the years what years do they change, I have a 2002 and wanted to know if older models have lower geared diffs ie. Better for off road/bigger tires rather than changing the T-box

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Nov 2019 20:36 #215844 by S200KYS
Replied by S200KYS on topic Diff ratios
From the Wiki link at the top of the page - www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki3/index.php?ti...ssion_gearing_ratios

So for instance, in my old X-reg buggy build I have swapped the diffs from 3.9:1 to later (VVT) diffs which are 4.3:1 to correct the gearing for 30" tyres

In my VVT I have swapped the transfer box to an earlier stick model AND the diifs to correct the gearing for 29" tyres.

Is It Sunday Yet? ;)

More
21 Nov 2019 20:58 #215846 by Mole
Replied by Mole on topic Diff ratios
Lovely thank you. I would like to run 30s so if mine is the vvt I should be able too correct? And on that note how to I tell if mine is the vvt. Apologies for the daft questions

More
21 Nov 2019 21:25 - 21 Nov 2019 21:27 #215847 by S200KYS
Replied by S200KYS on topic Diff ratios
If yours is a 2002 then it will have the 'older' 3.9:1 diffs in, if you were to fit 4.3:1 later VVT diffs you'd be able to fit 30" tyres and have the same gearing as stock...

4.3 / 3.9 = 1.10 ......... new diff 'final drive' / old diff

30" / 27" = 1.11 ......... new tyre diameter / old tyre diameter

That's what I've done to correct the gearing on my buggy build...

Is It Sunday Yet? ;)
Last edit: 21 Nov 2019 21:27 by S200KYS.

More
21 Nov 2019 21:38 #215848 by Mole
Replied by Mole on topic Diff ratios
Fantastic thank you

Time to create page: 0.108 seconds