BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Winter is Coming Get 4 Tyre Choice

• wigit
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Sep 2019 16:13 #213363 by wigit
Winter is Coming Get 4 Tyre Choice was created by wigit
Starting to look at tyre options for the winter for the Gen 4, I run pure dedicated winters on our other two cars but thinking of an all weather option for the JImny.

Tyres will go on the stock rims and looking at size 215x75rx15, I have the BFG ATs on my American Racing Set up but do not want to subject them to the ravages of a winter.

Any thoughts and experiences, was thinking of running someone different and wanted to gauge some experiences, the Geolanders had been up there in the thought process.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2019 16:29 #213364 by Gadget
Geolandars have be ace for me so far, but no opportunity to subject them to snow. Hoping for an epic winter to try it out :)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
10 Sep 2019 16:50 - 10 Sep 2019 16:51 #213367 by Lambert
As an all weather type tyre I really rate my bfg urban terrain, even in the drifts we got a few years ago they wer still finding grip pushing through bonnet deep powder. Very impressive.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
Last edit: 10 Sep 2019 16:51 by Lambert.

More
10 Sep 2019 18:36 #213385 by Max Headroom

Gadget wrote: Geolandars have be ace for me so far, but no opportunity to subject them to snow. Hoping for an epic winter to try it out :)

SNAP!

I thought I was going to be using mine in anger around the Cotswolds last winter but it never happened here either!
Pleased with them in the wet, though

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds