BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

JB74 mudflaps

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Aug 2019 15:52 #212520 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic JB74 mudflaps

OctaneJimny wrote: Hi JackBates,

I can confirm they are in fact shiney and not matt as I have had a set from them before. But if you do want a set from them as they are really good quality, the exhaust side bracket with need chopping off on the exhaust side as it will interfere.

Rally armour ones are matt finish but they are narrower and they do have a slightly different fitting so I couldn't advise them on the Gen4. They are also more expensive.

As I use Cad software on a daily basis, if such as yourself JackBates wanted to make a set out of their own material I would be more than happy to draw a template up for you guys that are identical to mine if you wanted a full D.I.Y set up. I can also include a bracket template also. I can also provide DXF files if you wanted to go the full hog and get them water jet cut etc. Just a friendly offering as I enjoy doing stuff like that anyway.

Oh crikey! That sounds tempting. Thats very good of ye as well. Hhmmmmm, need a think for a mo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2019 17:24 #212531 by DAGZOOK
Replied by DAGZOOK on topic JB74 mudflaps
You can pick up a set of defender flaps pretty modestly on eBay! If we were to finalise a design that we were all happy with, I’d happily pay to have some laser cut professionally. This is what the forums are all about
B)

rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A...2Fitm%2F252504677360
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland, Andy2640

More
23 Aug 2019 20:07 #212598 by OctaneJimny
Replied by OctaneJimny on topic JB74 mudflaps
Defender ones are gigantic. I parked nexted to a bloke with a defender at work and the mud flaps would probably make a better awning for a tiny jimmers.

If I get chance over the weekend/next week I'll get some drawn up regardless so if any of you guys fancy a bash of making your own the option is there.

I've also got some checkerplate rubber matting from amazon for 12 quid. I think it would make some quality looking mudflaps. I used the same stuff to make a centre consol cover(see attached photos) only thing it's quite floppy.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640, JackBates

• JackBates
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Aug 2019 09:07 #212608 by JackBates
Replied by JackBates on topic JB74 mudflaps
Thanks OctaneJimny,

As and when you'd like to for the templates, big thanks for offering!!

Ah i like your idea with the centre console cover, was thinking of doing the same idea with waterproof canvas

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Aug 2019 09:48 #212610 by Andy2640

JackBates wrote: Thanks OctaneJimny,

As and when you'd like to for the templates, big thanks for offering!!

Ah i like your idea with the centre console cover, was thinking of doing the same idea with waterproof canvas

+1 on jacks comments.

And indeed, huge gratitude for the offerings.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Aug 2019 15:46 - 24 Aug 2019 15:51 #212620 by Andy2640

OctaneJimny wrote: I wanted some big wide mudflaps for mine, Almost Defender like. I remembered I had a unused set from my WRX Impreza. They fit absolutely perfect. The only thing i had to modify was the hole positions. They cost me £40 for the set. The fronts are held in with some trim clips I had laying about and the rear are bolted onto a bracket(which were in the kit) as the inside of the rear wheel arch there is no support and I didn't want them flapping about rubbing the rear tyre. I do agree with the rear arches are a big mud trap but i cant see a easy way as I think they would almost need a arch cover inside the rear. I was just hoping the ones I've put on will stop the lights, exposed wires and connectors getting hammered with water and general road grime.

Mate, i would be happy to throw you some coin for doing this. Ive had a good think (which is always painful) and ive decided to go with yours. They look boss.

Im going to buy some matt material and then just trim them to your cad design.

Could i just ask a slight modification? Id love mine to be 40mm longer on the back flaps? Is this possible.

I really dont want to sound picky, or too damanding lol, after all, you very kindly offered to do this, which is super cool. So i would like to donate some coin for your time and effort.

Thanks again Octane J
Last edit: 24 Aug 2019 15:51 by Andy2640.

• Visini
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Nov 2021 10:27 #240234 by Visini
Replied by Visini on topic JB74 mudflaps
Hello, I'm new to the forum (at least account-wise, this website has saved me while restoring my gen. 3). I had a small question: do gen. 4 mudflaps work on a gen. 3? I'm really fond of the look of the red mudflaps with "jimny" written on them availble for the gen 4s and i want them on my gen 3, also because i can't seem to find red mudflaps for the gen 3.

Time to create page: 0.116 seconds