BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Camping in the Jimny. Roof Top Tent and kit tried

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Aug 2019 03:26 #212337 by Lambert
It is going to be interesting to see what happens in the unfortunate event of someone needing to claim on their insurance when they have had an overweight roof load even if it is a none fault claim. We all know that the first thing an insurance company will do is look for a way out of paying regardless of what is declared on the policy

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2019 07:01 - 20 Aug 2019 07:04 #212345 by Scimike
As I said on page one, it's a can of worms.
We are just going to have to wait for a Jimny to fall over of its own accord with 4 tons on the roof to find out what the insurance will do. Don't think it's happened yet, I personally don't believe it ever will.
Each to their own interpretation of an unwritten specification, I say do what you want and enjoy.
Great roof tent write up by the way.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 20 Aug 2019 07:04 by Scimike.

More
20 Aug 2019 17:39 #212403 by Keithy

Bill Portland wrote: Why haven't they put that on any of their specifications, sales literature, manual? Do you have it in writing and specifically referring to the Gen4. If that roof can only take a 30kg load, I don't want to be in it when it turns over!

Suzuki have also said that underbody sealing will 1) invalidate their warranty and 2) not invalidate their warranty.

I had 200KG on my genIII roof again last week....interesting driving as always....A thought occurred to me (not interested in anyone giving me a weight limit btw) the GenIV roof racks mount on the gutter? so what's the weld density of the gutter.....lot's of good spots or....not?

All the GenIV's I see are moving so I've not had chance to lick.....er look at one yet......just thoughts.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Aug 2019 17:46 #212406 by Lambert
Wouldn't that be horrible, you have a well loaded roof basket on the top and some clown drives into the back of you and next thing you're in s convertible as the rack and roof skitter down the road because the glue failed.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Aug 2019 12:20 #212446 by Andy2640
Looks like "Roam overlanding" has had a change of heart on the weighty roof tent.

More
21 Aug 2019 16:59 #212459 by Gadget
...but is adding loads of extra weight with fuel and water! :pinch:

I wonder how much money he'll spend before realising he should have bought a bigger car? :huh:

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Aug 2019 17:20 - 21 Aug 2019 17:21 #212460 by Andy2640
He could carry that tent if he eased off on the subways :whistle: :whistle:

Says an over weight Andy :cheer:
Last edit: 21 Aug 2019 17:21 by Andy2640.

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds