BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Door speakers

• Garuuu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jul 2019 23:11 #210978 by Garuuu
Door speakers was created by Garuuu
I've been looking to put some bigger speakers in the front, I've currently got alpine 10cm speakers and want to put something like 15 or 16 cm speakers but that's nearly impossible without cutting or adding big spacers. I've seen someone comment about another speaker hole behind the plastic door cover. Does anyone know anything about this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
13 Jul 2019 06:14 #210982 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Door speakers
I have managed to get a pair of 130mm behind the kick plates in the foot well though it was a pain and I had to trim the internal structure of the covers for clearance and use adapters to avoid cutting metal. Anything bigger will require a surface mount solution as there not enough depth..

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
13 Jul 2019 22:33 #211005 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Door speakers

There is the hole in the front lower part lousy picture from my dark garage. This my door after removing the flimsy plastic and sticking bitumen plates to the inside of the door, and replacing the plastic with bitumen sound mats. Had to go to an emergency Red Cross rescue mission so did not get more pictures.

I use the hole just for the air behind the loudspeaker. Baffle I added to the door card is 44mm thick so more or less can take most of the speakers depth. Removed the door pocket and replaced with a 22 mm baffle with added 22mm for the speaker.

Going away tomorrow so not sure if I can fix the pictures of the door now with speaker before later this next week...

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Attachments:

More
14 Jul 2019 13:55 #211031 by yakuza

Not beautiful but sounds good.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Attachments:

• Garuuu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Jul 2019 14:15 #211033 by Garuuu
Replied by Garuuu on topic Door speakers
Thanks for the pics. How big are the holes in the doors and what size speakers have you put?

More
14 Jul 2019 19:51 #211064 by yakuza
Not big, maybe 4 inch or 10 cm.
But it is in an indentation so with the added baffle it doesn't matter maybe, I just use it for the room for the speaker box

More
16 Jul 2019 20:31 #211144 by yakuza
Aha sorry. Speakers is 6 inch I think. Hole is max 4 inch. But the hole is deeper inside than the speaker.

• Garuuu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jul 2019 21:16 #211146 by Garuuu
Replied by Garuuu on topic Door speakers
Ok thanks that helps a lot. There isn't any info about this anywhere :D

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds