BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

2007 Gear Shift Lever Removal

• doc2who
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Jun 2019 18:33 #210275 by doc2who
2007 Gear Shift Lever Removal was created by doc2who
Hi Guys, I have a 2007 1.3ltr Jimny, I am attempting to change the clutch and I'm following the 'How to' Guide. In the guide it says 'Remove the Centre Console. We now need to remove the gearstick. To do this you should remove the rubber boot that is attached to the centre console. There is then another rubber boot underneath which needs to be raised to expose the three retaining plate bolts. Remove the three bolts and then remove the gearstick.'
On my Jimny, once I have removed the Centre Console, Rubber Boots and Lower Gaiter, the Gear Shift Lever is in a solid housing with 2 bolts, one at the front and one at the rear (as per the attached picture).
Do I just need to remove the two bolts to remove the Gear Shift Lever?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dano0404
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2019 09:02 #210296 by Dano0404
Replied by Dano0404 on topic 2007 Gear Shift Lever Removal
Just undo the two bolts and it will come away

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
25 Jun 2019 17:05 - 25 Jun 2019 17:06 #210306 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic 2007 Gear Shift Lever Removal
You are supposed to push down and rotate on the metal collar with the square hole around the stick (spring inside can be seen in your picture). its easy enough by hand. You will see when its out how it holds onto them two bolts

edit: there should be a plastic bushing on the end of the gearstick, be careful not to loose that ;-)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus
Last edit: 25 Jun 2019 17:06 by Riccy.

• doc2who
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2019 18:21 #210308 by doc2who
Replied by doc2who on topic 2007 Gear Shift Lever Removal
Thanks Riccy,
I removed the two bolts as Dano0404 suggested and discovered that the collar could have been rotated. I have re-inserted the bolts and will rotate the metal collar when I refit it. Ihave the plastic bush on the end.
Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds