BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Wobble

• Duncan
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jun 2019 17:18 #210214 by Duncan
Wobble was created by Duncan
Hy Just sold my old Vitara and bought a 2003 Jimny and fallen in love with it straight away....... but i am experiencing the death wobble.
Between 70 and 90 Km she starts wobbling so much so i somtimes have to pull over. I have already checked the obvious, wheel balance and break disks, and found that the disks have just been changed, which leeds me to believe the previuos owner had already tried to fix this issue.
I have been reading a lot about this problem, and would just like to know if you recomend I replace kingpins and bearings and shim them, or jiust buy the shim kit.
Any other useful info would be appreciated.
Cheers Duncan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Jun 2019 18:44 #210216 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Wobble
Welcome to the forum. New bearings with shims but it is possible that you won't need the shims. It is best to have them though as it saves doing the job twice.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Jun 2019 20:56 #210284 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Wobble
Read all about it in the Wiki or my Sticky thread in the Technical Section.

There's a few causes of wobble but I'd start by changing the kingpin bearings and axle oil seals. Get it all from the BigJimny Shop with shims in case you need them.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds