BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

GEN 4 MPG

More
21 Jun 2019 11:11 #210181 by Bill Portland
Replied by Bill Portland on topic GEN 4 MPG

Soeley wrote: I am tracking my fuel usage on the Fuelly app, and it is always within about 1 mpg to what the dashboard is telling me.

Me too, close enough that i don't need to check it anymore. But I continue to record the actual mileage on my app.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2019 18:27 #210274 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic GEN 4 MPG
Disaster - just returned from a 200 mile round trip this weekend and the dash is showing 44.9mpg. Maybe the driver needs to improve their driving technique?

More
25 Jun 2019 09:46 #210298 by stiffsteve204me
Replied by stiffsteve204me on topic GEN 4 MPG

Bob1050 wrote: Disaster - just returned from a 200 mile round trip this weekend and the dash is showing 44.9mpg. Maybe the driver needs to improve their driving technique?

Damn gas guzzler. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• GeordieJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Jun 2019 10:38 #210299 by GeordieJimny
Replied by GeordieJimny on topic GEN 4 MPG
yeah I was wondering that myself. My wife uses it as a daily driver for work and we're getting 31.9 mpg.

I stuck a load of gear in the back along with a roof tent up top and blasted up to Kielder. At the end of that trip was getting 39.1 mpg. All the hilly country roads meant I was revving it way more than our usual 'driving miss daisy' driving styles.

I'm new to all things Jimny and 4wd cars (zero car knowledge to be truthful) so I have no idea if that's good or not.

• Skinner
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
27 Jun 2019 21:38 #210390 by Skinner
Replied by Skinner on topic GEN 4 MPG
Two refills done with my new one, first showing 4 MPG mainly on 40-60 mph including some test crawling and city/traffic driving. Second was pretty good, pure 40-60mph on the road totaling almost 4,5mpg. Measured by same refill state, computer is showing around 4mpg (haven’t resetted it).

More
11 Jul 2019 09:28 #210883 by OctaneJimny
Replied by OctaneJimny on topic GEN 4 MPG
My usual drive to work consists of 1/3 city roads(stop start traffic lights) and 2/3 country roads and I've managed to just click mine up to 45mpg yesterday clicking down to 44.9mpg this morning. That's after a full tank of super unleaded and a trip reset as I was curious myself.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

• GeordieJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2019 18:13 #210901 by GeordieJimny
Replied by GeordieJimny on topic GEN 4 MPG
Few more weeks in and still hitting ~30 mpg in the auto around town. :/

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2019 19:14 #210907 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic GEN 4 MPG
So only having had the Grello three weeks and covering 240 miles.... I am only getting 35.8 mpg.... 5 speed manual. I have done mainly local runs and my average speed shows as about 21 mph. I am hoping as the engine frees up and I start to use a few more revs.... not been over 4000 yet... it will start to return more mpg. Is this something others have found or is it just me??

More
11 Jul 2019 19:41 #210911 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic GEN 4 MPG
My mpg did improve with some miles on the clock, give it 1000 miles then compare.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aj4x4

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Jul 2019 20:41 #210914 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic GEN 4 MPG
It seems that there is a lot of variation between our new cars.

Pre- 500 miles and pre the toyo 215 tyres and no kit in the back, i was getting 39 ish MPG.

That was super babying tho, never went above 3000 rmp.

More
11 Jul 2019 22:09 #210921 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic GEN 4 MPG

Aj4x4 wrote: So only having had the Grello three weeks and covering 240 miles.... I am only getting 35.8 mpg.... 5 speed manual. I have done mainly local runs and my average speed shows as about 21 mph. I am hoping as the engine frees up and I start to use a few more revs.... not been over 4000 yet... it will start to return more mpg. Is this something others have found or is it just me??

I found the engine was very tight on delivery and fuel consumption improved significantly after a couple of thousand miles.

More
11 Jul 2019 22:34 - 11 Jul 2019 22:35 #210924 by Scimike
Replied by Scimike on topic GEN 4 MPG
I doubt you actually have much variation between standard vehicles, modern manufacturing tolerances and closed loop fuel injection have made this a thing of the past. What we have at play is variations in use, the roads, the surface, fuel, driving styles, weather, this list is long.
Recently I went to an electric ebike for my daily commute. One thing that electric transport shows really well is the drain these variations have on range, or in the Jimny world mpg. Riding locally on different routes and speeds gives me a range of 20 to 40 miles. Currently I get 20 miles out of a charge and travel 2.5 miles each way to work. In my last job I got 30 miles per charge but traveled 8 miles each way to work.
The interesting fact here is that I use the same 2.5 mile route at the start of the 8 mile journey, so the majority of the drain occurs during the short 2.5 mile section. Why this section ?
To me it looks no different to the rest of the Journey, but some difference is consuming more energy.
Slightly more hills than I give it credit for, different tarmac, I ride the section harder?
I don't know, but it does show that any slight variations in use will impact your mpg figure.

The futures slow with limited range, enjoy it while you can and stop worrying about mpg :laugh:

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)
Last edit: 11 Jul 2019 22:35 by Scimike.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds