BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Re:Re:Swapping Tyres Around For Even Wear

More
16 Jun 2019 20:46 #210038 by Soeley

Bill Portland wrote:

RainerK wrote: I am not sure that there is something in the weel arches that measure the individual tires. And there is only a yellow light in the instrument cluster to show that some tire pressure is to low.

So, I would think that the original reserve tire also hat a pressure measurement. If it is „connected“ while mounted on the door I do not know. But that would be nice because also the spare tires might loose pressure.

I once had this on my other car, but luckily I had a compressor.

In the manual is written that after using the reserve tire the TPMS light will light for 10min. I did not observe this.

My car shows 4 individual tyre pressures (in psi) and its position, no mention of a 5th. Suggests 4 transmitters and 4 receivers. So moving 4 wheels shouldn't be an issue. Introducing the spare shouldn't be an issue either, provided it also has a transmitter. But it looks like the spare isn't monitored even if it has a transmitter

If the spare does have a transmitter in it, it would never activate being mounted on the rear door. The wheel needs to spin for the transmitter to become active, probably to save power? That is why if you just go and try and view the pressures after being parked for a while you will just see "--"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2019 13:47 #210956 by Soeley
I forgot to mention this the other week. After the discussion on here about tyre rotation, I went out and checked the tread depth on all five tyres (spare was just to get a starting depth). Anyway the spare which is as new measured 8mm, All the other 4 tyres were an equal 7.5mm. This was at 5,500 miles, so decided it wasn't worth the bother. I will keep and eye on wear and see which end starts wearing more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds