BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration
× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Anyone running on bike carbs

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
05 Jun 2019 17:34 #209671 by Riccy
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Riccy on topic Anyone running on bike carbs
Aha! I couldnt remember who it was, so thanks for reminding me Quasi. All good mate, there's been plenty else on the jobs list before thats a priority, but it would be good to get it made up and see if it actually works. That is a different idea to what they are talking about here with a complete manifold change however

Keith yes i do have a small pillar drill, time and skill are the problem there tho :laugh:

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2019 19:17 #209861 by Rhinoman
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Rhinoman on topic Anyone running on bike carbs
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

jackonlyjack wrote: Also found this which would be an easier option maybe

That would only work if the rest of the intake and exhaust system can flow the extra air. I think there was a discussion on larger throttle bodies a few years back - a larger unit from another Suzuki model would be easier to fit and most probably cheaper.

Some Suzukis and a bunch of motorcycles.

More
12 Jun 2019 09:00 #209869 by yakuza
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by yakuza on topic Anyone running on bike carbs
Friend of mine had this on his car for a while. G16B engine with GSXR1100R (gixxer) carbs. they are a little fiddly to adjust and you will need a special instrument that measures the pressures on each one. also they are a bit sensitive to the fuel pressure so you would on most cases need a fuel pressure regulator. But the car just screamed :) funny noise these make.
It is not a really good offroad mod as it adds uhmpf in the high revs and not so much low(?) and you will need four snorkels and that just looks silly..

I had this planned for my SJ a million years ago, but when the manifold never came, and the carbs was sold right before i got around to buy them it just never happened.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds