BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Equipment in your Jimny?

More
19 May 2019 09:22 #208332 by stiffsteve204me

Daniel30 wrote: All you need is duct tape, WD 40, and cable ties ;)

FIFY. :)

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnjohanaphy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2019 11:10 #208340 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic Equipment in your Jimny?

Andy2640 wrote: I used to be into "prepping". Ya know, a nuke strike occurs, somehow leaves my jimny intact, and i'm free to roam the country looking for a spot to build a wood cabin and live happily ever after ;-) So I have a good few handy bits of kit.

So far ive got in car:

2 Portable HAM radios.
tow rope
jump leads
pix axe (folding)
Folding shovel
water bottles x6
24hr ration pack
jerry can (attached ingeniously, ill take a pic in a mo.
first aid kit
Torque wrench with fitments for wheels.
Fire extinguisher
baby wipes (lol)
usb cables
12v to 240v adaptor
Basic tool pouch
cargo net
bungee fasteners
Wind up lantern/radio
Poncho
Hat, scarf, gloves

As you are obviously very nearly completely ready for the Apocalypse, Andy - can I suggest you add a nice tube of Germolene!
It won't do any real good - but then a) it will give the illusion of (temporary) health and wellbeing, b) it smells strongly - and I understand Zombies can be a bit manky, and c) it reminds me of happy days with scuffed knees as a toddler (you may have to pass on this last one).

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2019 11:29 #208341 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Equipment in your Jimny?

Guy 2 wrote:

Andy2640 wrote: I used to be into "prepping". Ya know, a nuke strike occurs, somehow leaves my jimny intact, and i'm free to roam the country looking for a spot to build a wood cabin and live happily ever after ;-) So I have a good few handy bits of kit.

So far ive got in car:

2 Portable HAM radios.
tow rope
jump leads
pix axe (folding)
Folding shovel
water bottles x6
24hr ration pack
jerry can (attached ingeniously, ill take a pic in a mo.
first aid kit
Torque wrench with fitments for wheels.
Fire extinguisher
baby wipes (lol)
usb cables
12v to 240v adaptor
Basic tool pouch
cargo net
bungee fasteners
Wind up lantern/radio
Poncho
Hat, scarf, gloves

As you are obviously very nearly completely ready for the Apocalypse, Andy - can I suggest you add a nice tube of Germolene!
It won't do any real good - but then a) it will give the illusion of (temporary) health and wellbeing, b) it smells strongly - and I understand Zombies can be a bit manky, and c) it reminds me of happy days with scuffed knees as a toddler (you may have to pass on this last one).

Guy that is a pertinent point! The zombie apocalypse is very near, according to my MI5 and CIA contacts ;-) Anything that keeps them at bay is valuable. I have exploding pellets for my .22 BSA lighting rifle, a crossbow ready to be deployed at a minutes notice, an axe - which i throw with eyeball penetrating precision, and women's make-up - applied correctly, to make me blend in with the walking dead (Dont ask) ;-)

A pot of Germailine as per your recommendation (thank you guy) and as suggested by George - A six pack of condoms for dual purpose application :woohoo: :dry: :whistle:

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2019 11:35 #208342 by Andy2640

Lambert wrote: Thing is having been a victim of car crime I don't want extraneous things in my vehicles that I have to worry about, so k.i.s.s.

Wont be so silly/stupid ... (K.I.S.S) when them zombies come knocking! No.... not Jehovah's witness's, I mean bloody thirsty, flesh dangling, deranged zombies !!

I suppose you cable tie guys may come in handy if we capture one alive for the military to study. We'll see how it goes..... But i aint lending you non of my gear! ;-) And god only knows what George is gonna do with his Condoms! :pinch: :pinch: :laugh: :laugh:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 May 2019 11:46 #208344 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Equipment in your Jimny?
If I might make a suggestion. Less time watching zombie movies and more time spent Jimny driving.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2019 11:48 #208345 by Andy2640

Lambert wrote: If I might make a suggestion. Less time watching zombie movies and more time spent Jimny driving.

But....but......Yeah your right B)

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2019 13:09 - 19 May 2019 13:29 #208355 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Equipment in your Jimny?
You guys :D :D :D
Toilet rolls

I'll see you on the other side!
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 May 2019 13:29 by Daniel30.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2019 13:52 #208362 by Andy2640

Daniel30 wrote: You guys :D :D :D
Toilet rolls

I'll see you on the other side!

See, see! Its not just me!

Daniel will be invaluable to have around, the Umbrella corp. is highly proficient at zombie offensives.

A good man to know!

More
19 May 2019 14:49 #208368 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic Equipment in your Jimny?
Thinking of swapping the standard jack out for a bottle jack. Have always hated scissor jacks, they feel a heartbeat away from collapsing.

More
19 May 2019 14:51 #208369 by Gadget
Oh and a large pot of chewing gum and a glovebox full of McDonald's napkins

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 May 2019 16:44 #208383 by Andy2640

Gadget wrote: Thinking of swapping the standard jack out for a bottle jack. Have always hated scissor jacks, they feel a heartbeat away from collapsing.

Would a 2 ton surfice? Halfords got one on offer at the min. 20% off blackvue's this week too, im very tempted.

More
19 May 2019 18:23 #208391 by Gadget

Andy2640 wrote: Would a 2 ton surfice? Halfords got one on offer at the min. 20% off blackvue's this week too, im very tempted.

2 ton would be fine for the Jimny from a weight perspective, you also need to factor in the closed height and max lift height to make sure it will fit under the jacking points and lift it high enough.

Just checked mine and front jacking point is 210mm from the ground, rear about 250mm, so although the Halfords 2T would fit fine, you'd only get about 46mm lift on the rears (excluding the extra from having the screw extension on top).

I'll probably go for something from Machine Mart and a bit larger so that it's usable on other cars if needed.The Clarke 5T is only £20, fits under the jacking points and goes up to 355mm, so plenty of clearance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640, johnjohanaphy

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds