BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New white SZ4 - possible SZ5 upgrades

More
16 May 2019 13:55 #208116 by Jon100
We've been on the waiting list for a white SZ5, deposit paid since January but have just been offered and accepted a white SZ4. We didn't want to wait any longer.

Hopefully we'll collect our Jimny in the next few days. Already we've bought some Suzuki accessories; rear parking sensors, a tool box to raise the floor for a hard plastic high lipped boot liner and most importantly a dog guard.

This model comes with steel rims, no sat nav, nor LED headlights and does without other items found on the SZ5 such as tinted rear windows, heated seats, painted door handles etc.

Suzuki have quoted us circa £1,000 for alloys and said we should wait to get an after-market sat nav, they also said the upgrade to self levelling lights would be really too costly.

So any idea where we can get cheaper but 'nice' alloys, can we sell the steel rims? I've read on this forum references to an Astral infotainment system - where can I purchase a head unit similar to the SZ5 one, or better ?

I suspect we must just forget the headlights, we're not bothered about heated seats nor radar cruise control and traffic sign recognition. But we probably can get the windows tinted.

So hello and comments please.

Jon and Julie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
16 May 2019 14:19 #208118 by Lambert
Welcome to the forum.

Alloys are going to be an issue as the Jimny is a very odd fitment and there's little in the after market to suit. There are some options for steel rims but again there's not many to choose.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
16 May 2019 14:30 #208120 by Obarno
Buzz special vehicles are offering a wheel and tyre package and have one in stock but no price! Maybe worth giving them a call.

Manual VVT, 2 1/2" lift, ORA castor corrected arms, 2" ORA body lift, 4:1 transfer box, Uprated front shafts & CVs ERM , ARBs back & front 3.9 diffs, 6 point cage, ORA winch bumper - Superwinch EP9, ORA rear bumper, ORA axle truses, Diff guards ERM , TBR tank guard, Snorkel, Kumho KL71.30.9.50 15

More
17 May 2019 05:40 #208166 by facade
Steel wheels are far superior to alloys, they are easier to clean, they don't immediately corrode and continually lose air through the rims and they actually seem lighter than alloy.

I'd keep the steel wheels. ;)

I'd have had an SZ4 if I could have got an auto, I don't need gangsta windows, painted door handles and alloy wheels, and I'd rather have saved the money that they cost.

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 May 2019 06:10 #208167 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New white SZ4 - possible SZ5 upgrades

facade wrote: Steel wheels are far superior to alloys, they are easier to clean, they don't immediately corrode and continually lose air through the rims and they actually seem lighter than alloy.

I'd have had an SZ4 if I could have got an auto, I don't need gangsta windows, painted door handles and alloy wheels, and I'd rather have saved the money that they cost.

See.... I needed gansta windows, painted door handles and alloy wheels, because i'm single, and in need of some good lovin ;-)

• Lambert
    Registered
More
17 May 2019 06:32 #208168 by Lambert

facade wrote: Steel wheels are far superior to alloys, they are easier to clean, they don't immediately corrode and continually lose air through the rims and they actually seem lighter than alloy.

Quite honestly I tend to agree. Dreadnaught is a gen3 sz4 so equipped with all the available toys and really none of it matters. The leather seats were under canvas covers till they were replaced with cloth recaros, the electric windows rattle anywhere between fully open and fully closed, the alloy wheels are a different contrasting shade of silver to the rest of the car, same for the roof rails and bumpers and the air conditioning is like an asthmatic ant. Consequently much of it has been or is awaiting alteration. Mechanically reliable and aesthetically simple that is the future!

• Lambert
    Registered
More
17 May 2019 06:41 #208169 by Lambert

Andy2640 wrote:

See.... I needed gansta windows, painted door handles and alloy wheels, because i'm single, and in need of some good lovin ;-)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you ain't gonna be getting much tail driving a Jimny, definitely a dependable best friend mobile! Sorry. You need a stage 2d fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost to get tail! :laugh:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 May 2019 06:52 #208171 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic New white SZ4 - possible SZ5 upgrades
Welcome to the forum
Yeah, you now have a choice of tint for the windows I like mine keeps prying eyes out ;)
All about the wait for a set of alloys when someone changes there alloys for aftermarket steels

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
17 May 2019 07:09 #208173 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New white SZ4 - possible SZ5 upgrades

Lambert wrote:

Andy2640 wrote:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you ain't gonna be getting much tail driving a Jimny, definitely a dependable best friend mobile! Sorry. You need a stage 2d fiesta 1.0 EcoBoost to get tail! :laugh:

I kinda got one on the go now, she seen it and went weak at the knee's. So your wrong, so there ;-)

• Lambert
    Registered
More
17 May 2019 07:14 #208174 by Lambert
Probably just wants to bypass the waiting list! Hahahahaha! :laugh:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

More
17 May 2019 09:13 #208186 by Jon100
Thanks for the info especially about the wheel size. I think we'll just calm down a tad, since we haven't even got the 'car' yet.

Since we placed our deposit for a SZ5 I think we're a victim of our over inflated expectations of all these toys. After a few miles of ownership I suspect, if we had them, then they would be largely taken for granted.

We will tint the rear windows so our long haired German Shepherd can stay cool. I'll keep an eye on this site for anyone wanting to sell their alloys, but there's no rush.

Of interest - this Monday morning I took our Suzuki s-cross to our local dealer for a service, and there on the forecourt was a white Jimny SZ4. I knew it wasn't their demonstrator since that's silver, and I've seen it before.

I just asked, on the of chance, if it was for sale and they said yes.

The story is another dealer wanted a silver Vitara and so they swapped it for this new Jimny. Since it was an 'extra' they just agreed to sell it to me - on the spot!

Funny old world.

Jon & Julie

• Lambert
    Registered
More
17 May 2019 09:30 #208187 by Lambert
There are some suggestions that some of the features of the sz5 are a little infuriating/under developed like the sensitivity of the auto headlights and the connectivity of the infotainment system to your phone and that the auto brake assist is somewhat unnerving. It might be a lucky escape having an sz4.

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds