BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Not all Journalists have gone full retard.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 09:34 #208019 by Andy2640
www.glynhopkin.com/suzuki/news/suzuki-jimny-wins-best-4x4/

Get in there! But of course, I already knew it was ace, without them lot telling me so...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 10:20 #208022 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic Not all Journalists have gone full retard.
Jonny Smith would say that it was a great car regardless. He wont want to upset Suzuki GB . He managed to get he first one in the country as a Christmas present for his wife. A case of not what you know........ But I think everyone here knows how good it is or we would not be here writing about it.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 May 2019 10:28 #208024 by Lambert
It must be very frustrating having all this attention and not being able to turn it into sales because of the lack of supply.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 12:23 #208026 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic Not all Journalists have gone full retard.

Lambert wrote: It must be very frustrating having all this attention and not being able to turn it into sales because of the lack of supply.

Although remember Suzuki GB doesn't actually want to sell you one because it leaves them with a rather painful EU fine.

Much as some of the dealer network has hardly covered themselves in glory over their handling of it, I certainly wouldn't want to be in their shoes.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 12:26 #208027 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Not all Journalists have gone full retard.

Aj4x4 wrote: Jonny Smith would say that it was a great car regardless. He wont want to upset Suzuki GB . He managed to get he first one in the country as a Christmas present for his wife. A case of not what you know........ But I think everyone here knows how good it is or we would not be here writing about it.

Exactly, thats why tywy picked him. Wonder if johnny actually paid for it though.

More
15 May 2019 12:30 #208028 by facade
Not that I don't think the Jimny deserves it, but I can't find any other contenders for "Best small 4x4 that you can buy in Kinetic yellow", what exactly did it beat?

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 12:55 #208030 by Andy2640

facade wrote: Not that I don't think the Jimny deserves it, but I can't find any other contenders for "Best small 4x4 that you can buy in Kinetic yellow", what exactly did it beat?

Mmmhhh? Now u mention it :woohoo: :laugh:

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
15 May 2019 13:02 #208031 by Lambert
Renegade, captur, kuga, etc etc. They all fall broadly into the same category and I know which I would have.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
15 May 2019 13:58 #208033 by facade
Obviously we'd all go for a Jimny, but are those "SUVs" even 4x4?

It took me a very long time to figure out what "SUV" stood for, I still don't really know what Sports means :whistle:

If it suddenly breaks, go back to the last thing that you did before it broke and start looking there :)

More
15 May 2019 14:35 #208034 by Bill Portland
My wife recently got a new Peugeot SUV (she was going to get a new Vitara until Suzuki sodded us about so much with the Jimny. Oh, and the slim chance that I would replace my R1 with a GSXR disappeared completely too so this mess has cost Suzuki at least 2 new vehicle sales) but I digress. Going back to the Pug, it has this dial thing by the gear lever with settings for mud, snow, sand and god knows what else. Not sure what it does or how effective it is (it's only 2WD) but there's some cracking videos on youtube comparing 2 wheel drive cars with all season and winter tyres on out performing 4WD cars with their summer or stock tyres. The pug does come with 3 peak tyres as standard so i wouldn't be surprised if its performance in snow is pretty good compared to the jimny on it's stock tyres.

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 May 2019 16:13 #208047 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic Not all Journalists have gone full retard.

Bill Portland wrote: it has this dial thing by the gear lever with settings for mud, snow, sand and god knows what else. Not sure what it does or how effective it is

Really all it does is adjust the parameters for a slightly better traction control. They're not amazing, but not useless, either. Most of the improvement comes from the all-season tyres so, as you say, chances are your Pug will be happily mobile while everyone else is careering into ditches.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 May 2019 06:32 #208091 by Andy2640

Lambert wrote: Renegade, captur, kuga, etc etc. They all fall broadly into the same category and I know which I would have.

Most ugliest car goes too (Drum roll)......... The Renegade!

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds