BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

On route, Zeebrugge Delivery Gen4 Jimny

More
07 Jun 2019 08:24 #209729 by OctaneJimny
Hi All,

A bit of a late update from myself. My car landed in Zeebrugge on the 19th of May (dealer told me a week later that it was there) has anyone else had the same update?
I know aj4x4 mentioned his was due roughly for the 24th of June. Mine will have been sat there a month on Sunday so hoping for some progress soon. I can't even be bothered to cross my fingers anymore.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
07 Jun 2019 10:09 #209730 by Lambert
Have they still not got to grips with this? One wonders how many lost sales it has caused.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
07 Jun 2019 18:33 #209738 by OctaneJimny
Unfortunately not. But annoyingly by me cancelling my order won't have any financial impact on suzuki as it will just go to the next one on the list. My excitement of getting it has completely gone and I'll just turn up grumpy, pick it up and drive away.

But other than that. My experience has been terrible.... Damn it I was trying to be positive about the whole thing.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2019 19:53 #209742 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic On route, Zeebrugge Delivery Gen4 Jimny
Hi. Last I heard mine was now due at the dealer on 11th July. I have no idea what is going on or where my car is. I have never had it confirmed it was on the same ship as yours..... as I said in another post.... I could have flown to Japan and driven back quicker.

Hope you get it soon.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Jun 2019 19:55 #209743 by Aj4x4
I totally agree. The shine of getting a brand new car.... and it being a Jimny has been tarnished by the complete cluster that Suzuki have created.

More
07 Jun 2019 20:22 #209745 by OctaneJimny
Hi Aj4x4, thanks for the reply. It's such a shame isn't it. I've had to spend a fair amount to get my car though another Mot and my car tax is due at the end of this month(im not spending another penny on mine other than petrol) If mine rolls over into to July I'm straight off to Subaru as promised to my dealer. The mixture of excitement and frustration has long gone and I'm just a hollow man now lol.

On another note, were you one of the chaps at the WhatCar reveal of the Jimny(apologies if I'm barking up the wrong tree)

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Jun 2019 09:07 #209754 by Aj4x4
Morning. Yes, I was at the Whatcar reveal. Was a nice day but we were not allowed to drive it. We were driven around the town it it though.

I have managed to find out my car is in Zeebrugge too, possibly parked next to yours! I am still being told 11rh July at the dealer and then a couple of days to fit the bits I have ordered.

I too am tempted to walk away..... but Suzuki wont care as there are 100 people happy to have my car. Also.....with everyone on here saying how much they are loving theirs, and I am not sure what else I would get I may just wait it out.

What Subaru would you get?

More
08 Jun 2019 10:21 #209756 by OctaneJimny
I was there to! I was the lad with long hair. It was a good day out!

Oh brilliant, yes they might be parked next to each other! Hopefully be on the same boat over to grimsby. I've just fired off an email to my dealer hopefully he can provide me a date like what you have got. The only reason I've not walked away from it is because my Mrs want me to have one as well. Yes people do seem to be really enjoying theirs.

I'd be looking at an Subaru XV or forester. I've had a few imprezas and a legacy and I love them. The only thing is I can't afford a brand spanking new one.

I shall let you know the progress of mine once I have a reply.

More
10 Jun 2019 09:59 #209798 by OctaneJimny
I've had an email back from my dealer. Its been moved back for the 7th time to the 4th of July. Its now on a carrier ship up to Gimsby. Just had a quick search on vessel finder and the only one that is going from Zeebrugge to Grimsby has landed in Grimsby this morning. Surely it can be sat there a month as well? It will be an 18 month old car before I get it.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Jun 2019 22:00 #209832 by Aj4x4
I was told 24th June. Then 11th July..... but dealer had one turn up this weekend (not mine) that he wasnt expecting until two weeks time!!!!! He has no idea why it arrived early.

More
12 Jun 2019 11:35 #209876 by OctaneJimny
I have just received this from my dealer this morning.

"Just looked this morning and your car is at Grimsby and its now showing a date of the 28th of this month. I think now that its at Grimsby it will be quicker than that. Fingers crossed!"

Then again I've been hearing this since January so a pinch of salt is going on this email. *sprinkle* *sprinkle*

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Jun 2019 12:03 #209882 by Aj4x4
Haha Haha. Having had my deposit down since Sept and hearing Jan....Feb...Apr....May... June and now July..... I am considering getting some special tinsel so I can decorate it at Christmas when It may have arrived!!!

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds