BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

On route, Zeebrugge Delivery Gen4 Jimny

More
08 May 2019 11:03 #207523 by OctaneJimny
Hi All,

I have been told my Chiffon Ivory SZ5 is currently on route(was suppost to have had it in January) on board a ship called "Global Leader". It is expected to land in Zeebrugge on the 20th of May. Does anyone have an expected delivery date to my dealer or even Grimsby? I have been following a thread on here to no avail of time scales. I would just be interested in the experience you have had and if they have been similar time scales.

As so many of you guys on here it's getting unbelievably frustrating and the new smell of the inside of a Subaru is getting increasingly tempting.

Thank you.
Joe.

www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...-ivory-manual#210539
Instagram: OctaneJimny
FB: Suzuki Jimny 4th gen (JB64 JB74) owners club

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2019 11:19 - 08 May 2019 11:21 #207525 by Bill Portland
Mine was sat at Zeebrugge for 6 weeks. I know others spent less time there but no one at Suzuki GB seems to be aware of the timing of deliveries. All Suzuki GB customer service department would say was that they'd ask the dealer when delivery was expected!

Someone did say that if you ring Suzuki GB and insist on speaking to someone in the Logistics department, you might get to speak to someone in the know.

Your dealer should know the sales order number or contract no. to refer to.

Oh, you can track the movements of the Global Leader on a ship tracking website like this - www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9237319
Last edit: 08 May 2019 11:21 by Bill Portland.

More
08 May 2019 12:08 #207530 by OctaneJimny
Hi Mate,
Thanks for the reply, 6 weeks is a hefty wait. I might give them a call then, I've already been down the avenue of being bounced between Suzuki UK and my dealer. So going through to the logistics department sounds like a brill idea.

I've managed to find the ship on vessel finder previously but managed to find a full schedule of destinations on NKY line's site.

Annoyingly out of the three Q2 cars they are receiving they had a SZ5 auto and an SZ4 delivered at the tail end of last month. Just my luck!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland

• AllanI
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 May 2019 19:23 #207559 by AllanI
Replied by AllanI on topic On route, Zeebrugge Delivery Gen4 Jimny
Got my car last week. It was dropped off in Zeebruge in Feb by the Global Leader which I had tracked from Suez Canal in Dec18. The dealer was told that VW had commandeered all boat space into Grimsby due to Beexit. Then suddenly it appeared!

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 May 2019 21:18 #207563 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic On route, Zeebrugge Delivery Gen4 Jimny
I think my Kenetic Yellow is on that ship too. I have an ETA at mr dealer week starting 24/06/19. So the six week thing is about right.

More
08 May 2019 21:33 #207566 by OctaneJimny
Ah Brill, nice to see someone is in the same boat as me (terrible puns are allowed). That's more info than my dealer has provided so much appreciated. I'll give my dealer a kick up the backside in June for yet again another update.

P. S very jealous you have been allocated a Kentic Yellow one.

More
09 May 2019 11:37 #207587 by AJ
Hello all, first post here. Just wondering if these cars are classed as Q2 or Q3 . I am told by my dealer that I am number two on their waiting list so am hoping that there may be a car with my name on it on that ship. If it were kinetic yellow too it would be even better. I first expressed an interest last September so the wait has been a long one.

Adrian

More
09 May 2019 12:02 #207592 by OctaneJimny
Hi Adrian,

Welcome. I'm a newbie myself.
I have been told by my dealer that mine is a Q2 car which is on that ship. I placed my deposit in November and was 4th on their list. Have they told you that you have been allocated a car? I got a choice of 2 cars and I have been allocated a SZ5 Chiffon Ivory. Your dealer should be able to tell you if it is on that ship if you ask them nicely.

It's been far to long I agree. I'll stop now before I enter rant mode!

Joe.

More
09 May 2019 12:08 #207594 by Bill Portland
Your dealer should be able to give you a copy of a printout like this

It will give you the ETA to the dealer (which, in my case, changed every week, 11 times) and also what model, spec and colour.
Attachments:

More
09 May 2019 12:43 #207602 by AJ
Hi Joe,
Thanks for the welcome and info, much appreciated. If yours is a Q2 then I may be in for a longer wait as I think my dealer has already had and sold their Q2 allocation. As far as I know I haven't been allocated a car yet, I am more than sure the wait will be worthwhile though.

Thanks for your reply too Bill, again much appreciated , I'll try giving them a ring at the weekend, have pestered them rather a lot already!

Adrian

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 May 2019 13:15 #207609 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic On route, Zeebrugge Delivery Gen4 Jimny
From what I've heard, there is no Q3 or Q4 allocation. Sounds like the cars arriving now are it until 2020.

More
09 May 2019 15:53 #207619 by mlines
And some dealers have not been informed of their Q2 allocation beyond an approximate number

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds