BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:How do we fit a gen 4 reversing camera? And any other mod parts.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Apr 2019 20:50 #206617 by Andy2640

Soeley wrote:

Andy2640 wrote: Hi guys,

Are they instructions for the Jimny though? As in... what panels to take off etc?

Sorry for the questions (like constantly) I am a lowly support worker, not a mechanic. #MonkeyMachanic :woohoo:

The Camera instructions, told what panels to remove, where to route and clip the wires to (cable ties provided with the kit), I found them very good and easy to follow.

Thats good to know Soeley. I'll document via pics the fit when i get round to it.

Nice1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2019 07:51 - 25 Apr 2019 07:58 #206631 by Andy2640

mlines wrote: All the kits seem to come with instructions

Hya Martin. Hope your well.

Martin....have you got any Rear cams in stock buddy? And have you got the rear speaker mounts in stock please?

EDIT: Scrub that, just actually read the details. So around a 3 week wait. Ok, ill pop my order in later this week then i think.
Thanking you kindly!
Last edit: 25 Apr 2019 07:58 by Andy2640.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2019 07:59 #206632 by Andy2640
Just seen this. A great article/instructions on fitting the rear speakers on the gen 4.

www.bigjimny.com/mediawiki/index.php?tit...Speaker_Installation

More
25 Apr 2019 11:49 #206637 by mlines

Andy2640 wrote:

Martin....have you got any Rear cams in stock buddy? And have you got the rear speaker mounts in stock please?

EDIT: Scrub that, just actually read the details. So around a 3 week wait. Ok, ill pop my order in later this week then i think.
Thanking you kindly!

I have a box arriving from Suzuki tomorrow, not sure what is in it unfortunately until it arrives. I have some pre orders to fulfil from it if it does contain 2019 parts but there was some "stock" in there

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

• Ash97x
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2019 12:50 #206639 by Ash97x
Here’s a quick guide to changing out the fog lights on the Gen4 Jimny for LED equivalents.
John Phillips has added a nice Wiki in the Gen4 section on how to change the DRL’s. The procedure is the exact same, however here it is again for the fog light specifically in case you struggle to find it.

Tools required:
• Flathead screwdriver
• 2 x LED H8/H11 bulbs (I got mine from Amazon - www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07C1269CZ?psc=...pop_mob_b_asin_title)

(If changing out the DRL’s too which I have done you can find them at - www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072XL5374?ref_=pe_3...264767211_E_301_dt_1)

Procedure:

1) Start engine and turn the wheels towards the side you are facing on, then switch off.

2) Remove the 4 pop rivets (indicated by red arrows) using a flathead screwdriver, take care not to break them. Remove the single cross-head screw that holds the fender to the front lip (indicated by blue arrow) - keep the metal clip that comes off with this.

3) Pull the fender towards you and you will reveal the fog light (green arrow) and DRL housing (yellow arrow) Unclip the connector from the fog bulb by squeezing the clip together (red arrow). Rotate the bulb counter-clockwise and it will come off. Replace with new bulb and turn it clockwise to fit it in place.
Reconnect the electrical connector. You can change the DRL’s too whilst here

4) Refit the fender by pushing it back in place. Refit the pop rivets and cross-head screw.

5) Rinse and repeat for the other side. Here’s a comparison to the stock fog (right) versus the new LED 6000K bulb (left). Quality.

6) All done. Get yourself a brew and admire your work ;)

Here’s a comparison of the bulbs. Left is the stock halogen, right the new LED equivalent.

Hope this helps folks, any queries just shout

Ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More
25 Apr 2019 15:44 #206643 by Bill Portland
^^^ that's gonna be my first mod ^^^
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ash97x

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2019 15:51 - 25 Apr 2019 16:39 #206644 by Andy2640
Ash,

(Apart from the fog lights) ... Is that picture showing the DRL's operating? (EDIT: As opposed to the night lights) Very bright! Great mods!
Last edit: 25 Apr 2019 16:39 by Andy2640.

• Ash97x
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
25 Apr 2019 17:48 #206656 by Ash97x

Andy2640 wrote: Ash,

(Apart from the fog lights) ... Is that picture showing the DRL's operating? (EDIT: As opposed to the night lights) Very bright! Great mods!

Just the fogs Andy!

Ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• CC Baxter
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Apr 2019 19:14 #206734 by CC Baxter
I fitted some rear speakers today. Mounting plates from the shop and speakers from Amazon (Pioneer TS-G1330F) Easy fit and fuller sound. What's not to like.
CC

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Apr 2019 19:19 #206735 by Andy2640

CC Baxter wrote: I fitted some rear speakers today. Mounting plates from the shop and speakers from Amazon (Pioneer TS-G1330F) Easy fit and fuller sound. What's not to like.
CC

Nice! Ohh Gowd!! There's so many bloody mods, this is becoming very $$$$$$$$ :silly: :dry: :huh: :unsure: :pinch:

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Apr 2019 19:20 #206736 by Andy2640

mlines wrote:

Andy2640 wrote:

Thanking you kindly!

I have a box arriving from Suzuki tomorrow, not sure what is in it unfortunately until it arrives. I have some pre orders to fulfil from it if it does contain 2019 parts but there was some "stock" in there

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Howdy Martin,

What goodies arrived then?? :-)

More
26 Apr 2019 19:51 #206738 by stiffsteve204me

Andy2640 wrote:

CC Baxter wrote: I fitted some rear speakers today. Mounting plates from the shop and speakers from Amazon (Pioneer TS-G1330F) Easy fit and fuller sound. What's not to like.
CC

Nice! Ohh Gowd!! There's so many bloody mods, this is becoming very $$$$$$$$ ££££££££ :silly: :dry: :huh: :unsure: :pinch:

FIfy, Andy. ;)

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds