BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Green lanes, Off road centres, byways, scenic roads - Contribution - DIRECTORY.

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Apr 2019 06:53 - 26 Apr 2019 07:15 #206683 by Andy2640
I never even knew Wagtail excisted, so thanks for the heads up! I knew this page would come in handy :-) I might see you there then i reckon. Not far from me at all really. Give me chance to get some miles on the clock.
Last edit: 26 Apr 2019 07:15 by Andy2640.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Apr 2019 09:14 #206690 by Scimike
Hi Jack / all,

Yes at wagtail from Friday 3rd (evening) until Sunday 5th (morning). We are camping on the farmers land in the meadows by the brook. From the farmhouse drive down the road until the narrow brick bridge and turn immediately left into the field, follow track until you see camp. If you see the western type windmill at the side of the road turn around and go back to bridge!!!

Friday / Saturday we just have a BBQ and large bonfire and sit around talking rubbish. Mainly Series 2 Landy but Jimnys always welcome..

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

• NickR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Apr 2019 13:48 #206980 by NickR
Well, I am now a paid up and approved member of GLASS, and fired up Trailwise2. Very comprehensive with loads of marked UCRs :) Plenty to start researching to see which ones are actually still narrow tarmac, and which are worth a look. Thanks for the recommendation, Riccy :)

Scimike - if you are at a loose end over your Wagtail weekend, there is a motoring festival on in Stratford on the 5th and 6th - www.stratforward.co.uk/events/stratford-festival-of-motoring. Usually a good turnout of cars filling the town centre.

Nick

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
30 Apr 2019 16:42 #206985 by Riccy
Good work NickR!

Dont forget to contact your local rep about any future outings or meets planned. Usually there is something worth going to.

With trailwise2 dont forget to select the menu on the left to get it to show UCRs as well as the ORPAs/white roads (red and blue should appear to mark the lanes together).

The (pink) legacy is often useful as well. It shows info from the old trailwise. Some of the red/blue lanes wont have any disqus comments, so have a look at the pink legacy one which might shed more light on things ;-)

The mapping can be altered to show in OS map format as well, which makes it loads easier planning a route.

Finally dont forget to check the council definitive map, thats the only way to see if the lane is legally open or not. These vary for each council and can be clunky to view online. If a lane is still undecided after looking at that then a quick email to the rights of way officer should provide a final answer (dont expect lighting fast responses tho!)

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Andy2640
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 May 2019 11:29 #207062 by Andy2640
Looks great mate. I'm pretty much surounded by a concrete jungle. #envy

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds