Vehicles (17 Jan 2019)

You can now add the vehicles you own to your profile as little icons that appear in your profile and alongside your posts.
This is a bit of an experiment. Take a look under the "REWARDS" menu across the top of the screen for the vehicles "ADD/MODIFY" option.
Let me know how you get on.

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.[/size][/color][/b]

Re:Re:You bought a New Jimny, what came with your car?

• Thank you received: 34
  • Gen 4 Jimny
30 Mar 2019 16:23 - 01 Apr 2019 19:12 #205302 by GeorgeC
Most car dealers give freebees, incentives, trinkets, roadside assistance, discount card (parts), a free X000km service, key rings, mats, a cat, mud-flaps, etc. whey you buy the car. I am curious as to what may have come, from Suzuki or the dealer, with your car when you bought it?

Edit: For me it was none of the above, however I am most grateful for their assistance in providing Large Print instructions when I needed them.

Edit2: Today brought a nice Jimny Accessories Catalogue, in a format that I can enlarge and enjoy. It just gets better! :)

My Senior's Jimny, Beige/Black & Auto!
Australian Auxiliary Plate info: www.yakima.com.au/get-mini-number-plate-bike-rack-im-legal
Last edit: 01 Apr 2019 19:12 by GeorgeC. Reason: Large print

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 50
30 Mar 2019 18:15 #205305 by Guy 2
Given how long I'll have been waiting by the time I get mine, I'm expecting a party with cake, balloons, party-poppers and a "Welcome and Happy Birthday to Guy's Jimny" song from the Dealership!

• Thank you received: 13
30 Mar 2019 19:55 #205309 by Cremator1
Where to start flowers champagne chocs mats free 3 yrs serviceing loads of other bits
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC

30 Mar 2019 19:57 #205310 by Cremator1
Oh sorry did not read thread lol it was not a new jimny sorry thought u meant any car

• Thank you received: 9
30 Mar 2019 20:02 #205312 by JodieMarie22
Picked mine up today and got sod all but the pride of getting mine before Gordon Murry!

• Thank you received: 44
  • Gen 4 Jimny
30 Mar 2019 20:03 #205313 by Soeley
A box chocolates, but best of all the colour and model I wanted ;)

Black 2019 Jimny SZ5

30 Mar 2019 20:15 #205314 by Dorsetdumpling
Set of mats....economy version I think!

• Gen 4 Jimny
31 Mar 2019 09:53 - 31 Mar 2019 09:56 #205325 by GeorgeC
Supplementary question: Did anyone get or buy Touch Up Paint?
Reason, how many cans did you get for the colour combination of your car?
Different lists give 1 or 2 cans for my Beige/Black and both have different prices but all have the the same part number.
"99000-10315-ZVG Touch-up paint, twin-stick (Met. Chiffon Ivory) UK£15.00 (2) AU$13.57 (1)" OK, one can or two?

Australian Auxiliary Plate info: www.yakima.com.au/get-mini-number-plate-bike-rack-im-legal
Last edit: 31 Mar 2019 09:56 by GeorgeC.

• Thank you received: 5
31 Mar 2019 10:25 #205326 by Bill Portland

Dorsetdumpling wrote: Set of mats....economy version I think!

Consider yourself fortunate, DD, my dealer is charging me for fitting the mats

• Thank you received: 90
  • Gen 4 Jimny
31 Mar 2019 12:48 #205333 by Gadget

GeorgeC wrote: Supplementary question: Did anyone get or buy Touch Up Paint?
Different lists give 1 or 2 cans for my Beige/Black and both have different prices but all have the the same part number.
"99000-10315-ZVG Touch-up paint, twin-stick (Met. Chiffon Ivory) UK£15.00 (2) AU$13.57 (1)" OK, one can or two?

George, I bought the Ivory touch up paint and despite it being listed as a dual pack (colour + clear coat), it only came as one tube (with the packaging showing the correct part number). I queried with the dealer and they confirmed that it is only a single tube, with no clear included.

Have just used it on my passenger door and will be tackling a much bigger chip on the bonnet soon!

• Gen 4 Jimny
31 Mar 2019 13:27 - 03 Apr 2019 19:03 #205334 by GeorgeC

Gadget wrote:

GeorgeC wrote: Supplementary question: Did anyone get or buy Touch Up Paint?

George, I bought the Ivory touch up paint and despite it being listed as a dual pack (colour + clear coat), it only came as one tube (with the packaging showing the correct part number). I queried with the dealer and they confirmed that it is only a single tube, with no clear included. I have just used it on my passenger door and will be tackling a much bigger chip on the bonnet soon!

Thank you for the reply. I can now confidently order the paint with realistic expectations. When I remove the spare wheel and boss, I may need to paint the new screw heads and any chips under the boss. Edit: Ordered it today from the local Suzuki Parts Dept. :) Email back, One bottle only, $13.75, but it won't be in until May!

Later I will call in at the local Powder Coaters and get my colour matched as they use a pre-mixed touch-up in pressure packs as well!

Last edit: 03 Apr 2019 19:03 by GeorgeC. Reason: ordered! but waiting

• Thank you received: 7
01 Apr 2019 18:03 #205375 by MrPaynterZA
I bought an SZ4 out here in South Africa for just shy of GBP 14000 and when I collected they threw in a cheaper fruit basket, a key-ring which has a phone number for 2 years free roadside assistance. A 3 year, 60 000km service plan and a set of square, ugly rubber generic door mats.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds