BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2

• pixelpower
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Mar 2019 12:08 #204953 by pixelpower
BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 was created by pixelpower
I just had some BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 215/75/15 fitted on my 2019 SZ4. The look is great, but what tyre pressure should I have? The ride is certainly different to the stock tyres and I just wondered what everyone was using as this is a popular tyre upgrade?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
24 Mar 2019 06:49 #204987 by Lambert
I don't have those tyres butit is reasonable to say that given their construction starting at the factory pressure and going down is the way forward. It is possible to use the max load and pressure written on the side to calculate the pressure needed for a given axle weight. I'm currently lambing a sheep so will comment more later .

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
24 Mar 2019 08:39 - 24 Mar 2019 16:34 #204989 by Foxtrot
Just something you need to be aware of from experience when I changed my Gen3 stock tyres to General Grabber AT2 it altered the gearing making the Speedo slightly out. basically by using the sat nav it had lost the 10% . Somebody here with a lot more knowledge will be able to calculate what the gain and losses are with tyres..
Last edit: 24 Mar 2019 16:34 by Foxtrot.

More
24 Mar 2019 14:13 #205004 by stiffsteve204me

Foxtrot wrote: Just something you need to be awake of from experience when I changed my Gen3 stock tyres to General Grabber AT2 it changed the gearing slightly making the Speedo slightly out. basically by using the sat nav it had lost the 10% . Somebody here with a lot more knowledge will be able to calculate what the gain and losses are with tyres..

www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=225&...et2=47&Submit=Submit

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foxtrot

More
24 Mar 2019 16:00 #205005 by sniper
I been on 215 ko2's for a while and found them great.....

The added unsprung weight and increased drag are the only negatives for me.

They have adjusted my speedo reading and it's spot on with roadside cameras.

Pulling 30 in 4th uphill won't happen anymore...

Amazing in snow and have never let me down off road, always plenty of grip. Others driving a variety of mud tyres have passed comment.

Run my tyres at 24 psi all round, sidewalls are stiff enough at that to allow fast B road driving. Off road, take your choice, read about a guy who's compressor developed at fault and couldn't better13psi. He drove off road for three days in Australia before he could find compressed air. No tyre problems at all.

sniper

• Jimnycv
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jul 2021 15:36 - 01 Jul 2021 15:37 #236275 by Jimnycv
Replied by Jimnycv on topic BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2
Hello bigjimny community,

I have a 2019 JX (basic configuration). It os ready to its first change of tyres and I would like to upgrade the original 195/80/R15s for 215/75/R15 BFG T/A KO2s. I have read that they fit without changing the suspension, but can’t find info on whether they fit on the stock 5.5Jx15 ET5 rims. If someone could share their experience just to make sure, I would truly appreciate.

Thanks!

Last edit: 01 Jul 2021 15:37 by Jimnycv.

More
01 Jul 2021 15:51 #236276 by mlines
Yes, they fit ok

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jimnycv

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds