BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Login problem (resolved may help someone read)

More
21 Mar 2019 18:15 #204908 by Gadget
Could the forum be configured to leave us logged in forever (provided the cookie exists on the device being used)? Pretty much every forum I've ever used has been setup like that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2019 21:34 #204912 by mlines
It can, but it's a security risk so I leave it at the appropriate setting.

I think this forum does well in terms of lack of spam postings. It's the trade of of convenience against security.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Headroom

More
21 Mar 2019 21:35 #204913 by mlines
The remember me function does not leave you logged in by the way, it automatically completes your login details so you just have to click enter

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
22 Mar 2019 03:57 #204919 by Max Headroom
I can live with logging in just the once now :laugh: the remember me function isn't really an issue.

As a moderator on the SAAB forum I can say we initially had a lot of issues with spam and fake memberships some years ago, and its a real pain. Good that it hasn't been an issue here.

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2019 07:32 #204921 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic Login problem
I don't think it's necessary to stay logged-in forever. But having to log-in every single visit, even if they're just minutes apart, is just silly.

• Jimx5
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Mar 2019 22:40 #204941 by Jimx5
Replied by Jimx5 on topic Login problem
Don't know what some body has done but this is the first time in 4-5 weeks since i have been able to log-in.
Thankyou.

• invincible
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Mar 2019 11:56 #205330 by invincible
Replied by invincible on topic Login problem (resolved may help someone read)
i had to change my username from little boghopper, to a invincible, to get around being unable to login, then it happened again with new username , hence started this thread ! interesting now to know it wasnt just me.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds