BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Rear light fitted

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2019 14:00 - 24 Feb 2019 14:01 #203759 by Cremator1
Rear light fitted was created by Cremator1
Hi all well what a sunny day so I decided to have another go at fitting the rear light and it worked this time here are a few pics only thing I am not sure I have fitted an in-line fuse only had a 5 amp fuse is this ok and does it look ok the way I have done it many dawn
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Feb 2019 14:01 by Cremator1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
24 Feb 2019 17:41 #203764 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Rear light fitted
Looks good. The fuse is a bit over-rated at 5amps, but will do its job if needed.

Only thing I would suggest is to fit some insulation tape around the terminals on the fuse (or use insulated crimps). If they touch they body you will end up with a flat battery (or a fire).

Ive often wondered about the recesses in the headlining in your first picture. what are they meant to be for? looks a good place for a recessed light of some sort

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2019 18:00 #203768 by Cremator1
Replied by Cremator1 on topic Rear light fitted
Hi ya ok will put some tape around them the 5 amp was all I had what should I put in that’s for a therear light if fitted not many if any come with it fitted you can buy the light from main dealer but it’s not cheap the wiring for it is sometimes behind the rear panel at the back dawn

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
24 Feb 2019 18:37 #203771 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Rear light fitted
2 things...

1. Use some punctuation please! It makes your posts really hard to understand when its all one big sentence. (please dont take this personally, its just so that people can understand what you are saying ;-) )

2. Ohms law. Volts/current will dictate the size of fuse needed for the light. It should say somewhere on it or the instructions how much power it uses. The maths is: watts divided by voltage = amps. so a 10w light on 12v power needs a 0.833 amp fuse (1 amp basically).

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2019 18:51 #203774 by Cremator1
Oh sorry light was just From eBay no instructions on anything on it .
So not sure what fuse to use it’s just an led strip.Here is a picture to show how bright it is.
Attachments:

More
24 Feb 2019 18:59 #203776 by jackonlyjack
Replied by jackonlyjack on topic Rear light fitted
Go down to a 3amp fuse
Then if it goes faulty fuse should blow before your wire melts ;)

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Feb 2019 19:12 #203777 by Cremator1
Hi jack ok thank you .

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds