Vehicles (17 Jan 2019)

You can now add the vehicles you own to your profile as little icons that appear in your profile and alongside your posts.
This is a bit of an experiment. Take a look under the "REWARDS" menu across the top of the screen for the vehicles "ADD/MODIFY" option.
Let me know how you get on.

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.[/size][/color][/b]

infotainment system in the new jimny?

• Thank you received: 0
19 Feb 2019 21:47 #203498 by raLLe
I really want the LED headlight, so there i no choice i see.

In Denmark it is not possible to buy one with automatic gear :( Because of our stupid taxes on cars.

The Jimny will be launched in april here in Denmark, and i looking forward to buy one :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 9
  • Gen 4 Jimny
20 Feb 2019 03:53 - 20 Feb 2019 09:16 #203504 by GeorgeC

Gadget wrote: Yep DAB reception is pretty poor for me too, but almost certainly the aerial rather than the head unit. I do wish it had a volume knob as well. Sounds pretty good in the front, but the lack of rear speakers is a bummer, they're next on my upgrade list.

This may help: www.ukdigitalradio.com/coverage/ a general lack of transmitters will mean lots of black spots. FM/AM will be more reliable until the digital roll out is complete. Until then, don't blame your equipment. :)

Seniors' Jimny, Beige/Black & Auto!
Last edit: 20 Feb 2019 09:16 by GeorgeC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

• Thank you received: 487
20 Feb 2019 08:41 #203514 by Daniel30

Gadget wrote: Yep DAB reception is pretty poor for me too, but almost certainly the aerial rather than the head unit. I do wish it had a volume knob as well. Sounds pretty good in the front, but the lack of rear speakers is a bummer, they're next on my upgrade list.

I would upgrade the front speakers to, not alot of money now a days you would notice the difference
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

• Thank you received: 71
  • Gen 4 Jimny
20 Feb 2019 09:19 #203518 by Gadget

GeorgeC wrote: This may help: www.ukdigitalradio.com/coverage/ a general lack of transmitters will mean lots of black spots. FM/AM will be more reliable until the digital roll out is complete. Until then, don't blame your equipment. :)

Thanks George, good link. In my case I don't think coverage is the issue, I live close to London and reception on my other cars with DAB has always been rock solid, so aerial most likely culprit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC

• Thank you received: 10
20 Feb 2019 11:21 #203525 by Themooingman
Same for me don’t believe it’s a DAB coverage issue

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and floor mats pack. Rigid tyre Cover
The following user(s) said Thank You: GeorgeC

• Gen 4 Jimny
20 Feb 2019 16:28 - 22 Feb 2019 15:13 #203553 by GeorgeC
Gadget and The-mooing-man, you may be right, but lets not condemn the antenna until its proven guilty.

Can you do an A:B comparison? Try the antenna on a different receiver (car) and the reverse, the antenna from a different car on the Jimny. Do this test stationery, not moving, the antenna being the only variable.

Check in the Infotainment Menus for "Signal Strength and Quality", it should be in there somewhere. DAB receivers are very similar to DVB-T receivers which display this information in the menu.

Also, be aware that due to its mounting on a corner, the Jimny's DAB antenna will tend to be directional. Signal strength will be stronger from stations in the "to" direction rather than the "from" direction.

Edit: PM me on how to make a test/reference antenna for doing a comparison.

Edit 2: I just posted this on the "Alternative Antenna" Topic: aerpro.com/products/dab_antennas_accessories

Last edit: 22 Feb 2019 15:13 by GeorgeC. Reason: AerPro DAB Antennae
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill Portland

• Gen 4 Jimny
25 Feb 2019 03:03 #203795 by GeorgeC
I just got off the phone to Aerpro, they have nothing out of the box that will help. I have also sent them the Forum links in case anything changes in the future.
So, for now just go with the Original antenna, use a tiny smear of water based lube on the rubber cone, it will come off and on much more easily.
See Owners Manual, Page 5-30, for Removable Antenna.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds