BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Gearbox inspect / drain

• Halbblut
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Feb 2019 14:47 #202619 by Halbblut
Gearbox inspect / drain was created by Halbblut
Hello,
I am looking to inspect the oil on my Jimny's gearbox. I have taken a look at the location of the level/refill plug on the gearbox. My question is due to the fact that there is very little room between the refill plug and the side of the tunnel, how do I get a torque wrench on the plug to tighten to correct torque?
I have a square drive for the oil plugs but by the time I place the drive in the plug the is so little room left to get the torque wrench in.

Any advice or help regarding this would be most appreciated.

Thank you in anticipation.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
05 Feb 2019 14:51 #202620 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Gearbox inspect / drain
Hmmm. I have a 1/4 drive torque wrench that does fit but I just tend to nip it up by hand ?

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Halbblut

• Halbblut
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
14 Feb 2019 18:51 - 14 Feb 2019 18:52 #203228 by Halbblut
Replied by Halbblut on topic Gearbox inspect / drain
I got a 1/4 inch drive torque wrench and succeeded in removing and replacing the gearbox fill plug. With room to spare. Cheers
Last edit: 14 Feb 2019 18:52 by Halbblut. Reason: Mistake

More
14 Feb 2019 19:20 #203229 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Gearbox inspect / drain
Just nip it up tight but don't over do it. Once it's starting to tighten, just give it a little nip and it'll be fine.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds