BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Heater and fan

• Mole
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2019 07:21 #202161 by Mole
Heater and fan was created by Mole
Morning. A couple of questions on the heater and fan are there known bits that need clearing out at all as mine dose seem to blow very hard on full mainly the side vents for the side windows and never seems to get very warm even when the engine is up to temp. I have a 2002 model any input would be greatly appreciated

Carl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Jan 2019 07:29 #202162 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Heater and fan
There are 2 white plastic lever assemblies either side of the blower that are operated by wires from the dash. These are both exposed to errant feet and get brittle with age. Check they're functional. Then there is a little access slot on the passenger side where the cabin filter may or may not be check that for debris. After that it's a matter of taking the dashboard out to get at the actual matrix and blower to assess those. It may also be prudent to flush the cooling system thoroughly with the heater on full go.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Mole
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2019 07:42 #202163 by Mole
Replied by Mole on topic Heater and fan
Ok thanks I have checked the cabin filter as I read about that but have got one and also cleared and put fresh coolant in the other week tho didn't have the heater on when I did it. so I'll check the little leavers next it's a pain it all works just dosent get that hot

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
31 Jan 2019 07:50 #202166 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Heater and fan
Sounds like a control issue at that point or a partial matrix block. Good luck.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mole

• Mole
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Nov 2019 09:35 #215732 by Mole
Coming back to this as the weather is cold again my heater is still not the warmest. Are there pipes I can disconnect to flush just the heater matrix ?

More
26 Nov 2019 13:12 #215976 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Heater and fan

Mole wrote: Are there pipes I can disconnect to flush just the heater matrix ?

A good question - my heater doesn't seem half as good as the one in my neighbour's Jimny!

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
26 Nov 2019 17:17 #215981 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Heater and fan
The flow and return pipes to the matrix are behind the engine. Two black rubber pipes about 15mm diameter.

It is possible to get at them and undo then flush through, but not easy

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

More
28 Nov 2019 06:41 - 28 Nov 2019 06:59 #216032 by yakuza
Replied by yakuza on topic Heater and fan
there are a few points to check:

Leaves and debris on the air side of the matrix mostly on top and in the intake and filter as has been noted above.
Make sure the hatch that opens for air flow to your feet closes properly to make sure the air flow to the window is sufficient. could be wires for the stereo or other equipment (like in my dash) interferes with the arms and shafts for the duct hatches.
( they are not called hatches i guess.. :) )
loose ducts from same reason as above.

I still think the amount of air coming out on top of the dash is a bit weak.

Norway 2005 Jimny M16A VVT, 235 BFG MT, 2" Trailmaster, ARB rear lck, 17%/87% high/low gears.
Last edit: 28 Nov 2019 06:59 by yakuza.

• Mole
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Nov 2019 10:35 #216045 by Mole
Thanks for the help again managed sqeeze it in to work one eve to flush the matrix out last week and that has seemed to have helped and also give it all a blow out so will wait to see when we get the cold weather

Attachments:

More
28 Nov 2019 14:22 #216047 by RainerK
Replied by RainerK on topic Re:Heater and fan
There are also chemicals that help cleaning the cooling system, for example CLR (Calcium Lime Remover). I have seen this used in heaters of cars, but not in the Jimny. Generally CLR might be also OK for the Jimny because it is not so strong and can also be used in coffee machines but I am not sure.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds