BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Cutting up a £16k jimny

More
24 Jan 2019 23:13 #201654 by Keithy
Replied by Keithy on topic Cutting up a £16k jimny
Yup I'd chop it.....why not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2019 08:11 #201657 by kirkynut
Replied by kirkynut on topic Cutting up a £16k jimny
This is a natural progression for Darren's business really. Supply will sort its self out and he'll be ready and ahead of the game.

He charges a fortune for these conversions on the original Jimny and people buy them. They will do the same with these.

It's no biggie really.

Kirkynut

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win - Edgar Watson Howe.

My Jimny Thread Here: www.bigjimny.com/index.php/forum/8-my-ji...on-continues?start=0

More
25 Jan 2019 09:29 #201658 by Max Headroom
Yes! Chop it!
Cut the roof off for a start - it needs more headroom...

93 million miles of it ;)

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

More
25 Jan 2019 19:17 #201694 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic Cutting up a £16k jimny
Looks like somebody has beaten them to it, there is not a lot of room in the flatbed... :lol:

More
25 Jan 2019 20:52 #201707 by Dirtbird
Replied by Dirtbird on topic Cutting up a £16k jimny
I did contact Darren and asked to purchase the kit . It didn't happen . I was going to buy an Orange KAP built Zuki a while back and thats how I came into contact with him .

Wish him well he does really nice work and finish is really tasty.
J

Heavy Duty Transfer Box Brackets, 2-inch Black Raptor lift kit, caster adjusters, Rust removed and stich welded new sections. Galvanised Chassis. Body,Engine,transmission swap. Anti Rollbar Roll / Sway Bar / DAVES ARB disconnect kit.Osram Night Breaker Head light mod and white 501 led side lights.

More
26 Jan 2019 09:54 #201729 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Cutting up a £16k jimny
Good for KAP. If they can be the first to show a pickup conversion on the new Jimny they will get tons of interest and given what they charge they'll be quids in after just a couple. It's just a shame they don't do a LWB version with a useful carrying capacity but I guess that may be on the cards...?

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
26 Jan 2019 09:58 #201730 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Cutting up a £16k jimny
Like a 6x6 pickup? I'd be interested!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
26 Jan 2019 12:54 - 26 Jan 2019 12:58 #201744 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Cutting up a £16k jimny
No need for an extra axle. Just an extended chassis to a 105" wheelbase or so, enough to allow for a more practical sized load bed. A 6ft bed would be great. And an uprated axle and springs to carry at least 500kg like a normal small pickup. The problem is it would then need to go through an SVA test, which I think all these companies are keen to avoid.

At the minute they are just toys for rich boys on shoots who might put a pair of spaniels in the back but that's about it. That said, even if they did make a practical version I couldn't afford it so I'm sure they have their target market pretty well covered.

ETA something like this. Suzuki used to make it but they don't care about commercial vehicles any more.
Attachments:
Last edit: 26 Jan 2019 12:58 by Busta.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dirtbird

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds