BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Peak District Lanes 20th Jan

More
20 Jan 2019 19:20 #201245 by sniper
A good day out with Kev, Adam and Edd in the Peak District, not many photo's... Too busy driving......

The war graves site was a surprise, I can't remember where on the route it was but it was at the back of a very quiet village. I have a huge interest in them so I will be visiting that lane again soon.

We nearly lost a Landrover Discovery, near Chatsworth, crossing a sloped grassy field. The back end slipped away on Edd and took the car off the track and it was slipping with no control. Not a good angle either and it was a long way down...... Edd steered into the slide and drove gently out of it, a good piece of driving.......

I was next across and my bottom was twitching, Kev had made it at a struggle on mud tyres in a jimny, Edd lost it in a Disco but with AT tyres and I was on AT's as well. 1st low at a crawl and it was still a difficult drive having seen what happened to the car ahead of me.

Adam was following me in a Vitara and I think the bad experience of the discovery and then watching my very gentle crawl put the wind up him.... it was a very cautious drive but with no more drama.

Thanks to all who attended and thanks to Brett for organising another good day out........

Missed you jack.....

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackonlyjack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2019 19:38 #201247 by Max Headroom
Short and sweet as it was - that was a really good read - some of it almost sounds a bit too exciting :ohmy:
The war graves would have been of interest to me as well

[smiley thumbs up needed here]

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
The following user(s) said Thank You: sniper

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Jan 2019 19:57 #201251 by Lambert
Looks like a good day out for all!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sniper

More
20 Jan 2019 20:48 #201260 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Peak District Lanes 20th Jan
Looks like an interesting day out, thanks for sharing.

More
20 Jan 2019 22:36 #201275 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Peak District Lanes 20th Jan
Sat pondering why there would be a commonwealth war graves site tucked away at the back of a village in the Peaks.....

A crashed bomber...

The home of a locally raised regiment.....

It's how modest and quietly placed the site is, that spikes my interest. I'll find out easily enough tomorrow with a phone call.

sniper
The following user(s) said Thank You: Max Headroom

More
21 Jan 2019 06:18 #201285 by Max Headroom

sniper wrote: Sat pondering why there would be a commonwealth war graves site tucked away at the back of a village in the Peaks.....

Yes, deffo let us know what that's about.

• Lambert
    Registered
More
21 Jan 2019 06:35 #201288 by Lambert
And then there's people suggesting that as it's over a hundred years ago that we stop recognising the First War. That makes me more angry than it should. Respect the dead of war. Lest we forget!

More
21 Jan 2019 08:54 #201295 by Max Headroom
I'd not heard that Lambert, but yes - that's a disgusting attitude that would get my blood boiling in an instant too :angry: :angry: :angry:

More
21 Jan 2019 09:36 #201299 by sniper
A few brushes with nature but no damage.....

I think I might have to double the £5 rate at the car wash though...

I'm struggling with the war graves info, there are no specific grave sites listed in the area. Only cemeteries that hold war dead..... from what I understand, they wouldn't mark such a site in this way. Intriguing, more research......

sniper
Attachments:

• Lambert
    Registered
More
21 Jan 2019 10:34 #201311 by Lambert
I hope you are going to wash that off before Wednesday afternoon, I'd hate to be cross contaminated!

• Lambert
    Registered
More
21 Jan 2019 11:14 #201321 by Lambert

Max Headroom wrote: I'd not heard that Lambert, but yes - that's a disgusting attitude that would get my blood boiling in an instant too :angry: :angry: :angry:

The idea was being given aie space on the BBC coverage of the Remembrances at the Cenotaph. One of the usual wheeled out pundit types making comparison with the Boer war and how that has been allowed to laps from public consciousness while at the same time ignoring the scale of the destruction of the 14-18 war. I was growling at the tv!

More
21 Jan 2019 12:28 #201327 by sniper
I might just visit glasnost down at the car wash, just trying to figure out how to record his poor face as I drive in.......

See you Wednesday Lambert, as previously arranged. Just hope there's no snow, I'll still make the trip but it would make the river bank a bit risky....
I'll bring arm bands and a snorkel....

sniper

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds