BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration
× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Re:Jimny 2019 queue jumpers

• Ayli Carper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
18 Jan 2019 21:31 #201094 by Ayli Carper
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationJimny 2019 queue jumpers was created by Ayli Carper
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationAfter TomNewton spotted this SZ5 for £26000:

I found a more reasonable SZ4 for £17984:

Any others???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jan 2019 23:23 #201107 by Bob1050
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Bob1050 on topic Jimny 2019 queue jumpers
Interesting to note that these examples (pictured above) are from Suzuki's 'Monochromatic' colour palette. I'm aware that inter-dealer trading involves certain colours being in more demand than others. Just try getting a blue one!

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Jan 2019 07:05 #201122 by Lambert
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Lambert on topic Jimny 2019 queue jumpers
I get that people may have genuine reasons why having gone through the process of buying a Jimny only to find it's not for them might then want to sell it on but 26k is not that, it's someone trying to get rich quick. Unfortunately someone else will buy it and feed the market.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Ayli Carper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jan 2019 08:46 - 19 Jan 2019 08:50 #201124 by Ayli Carper
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Ayli Carper on topic Jimny 2019 queue jumpers
You're quite right, but I can't see that car actually selling for £26k.

But you can find a blue one, for £17,999, an SZ5, here:

www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2...esearchad=New&page=1

... except that if you read half way through the advert it says THIS CAR IS NOT FOR SALE, although you can drive away an Ignis instead.

Personally I find this just as bandwagon jumping as the £26k advert. At least with that you know it's someone trying it on.

I'd also struggle to buy any car with an indicated fuel economy of 10.5mpg!!!
Last edit: 19 Jan 2019 08:50 by Ayli Carper.

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Jan 2019 10:40 #201128 by Hammo19
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Hammo19 on topic Jimny 2019 queue jumpers
Dealers are not allowed to sell demonstrators for 12 months due to the supply issue.

An advert like this led me to a dealer with no orders so it worked for me. I assume it’s being used to bring people into the showrooms.

More
19 Jan 2019 15:29 #201152 by Soeley
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Soeley on topic Jimny 2019 queue jumpers
One of the dealers I went to in Blackburn told me that someone had been in and offered them £25,000 for there demonstrator.

More
20 Jan 2019 12:50 #201224 by Busta
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Busta on topic Jimny 2019 queue jumpers
It's nothing new and I wouldn't be surprised if somebody pays £26k for that one.
When Range Rovers first came out there was a 1 year waiting list. My Grandfather had a new one every year, ordering the next one a year ahead. He was able to sell the 1 year old cars for the retail price to people wanting to avoid the 1 year wait. I think he did that for 7 or 8 years, driving a new Range Rover every year and losing hardly a penny on depreciation.

• Ayli Carper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2019 21:24 #201568 by Ayli Carper
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Ayli Carper on topic Jimny 2019 queue jumpers
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationWhat queue is being jumped?

SZ4 2017 model with 7k miles for £16k. Trickle down residual re-uptake?

(Or dealer chancing an arm?)

• TomNewton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Jan 2019 13:47 - 31 Jan 2019 13:49 #202191 by TomNewton
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by TomNewton on topic Jimny 2019 queue jumpers
Another few popping up on Autotrader

www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=pri...e=SUZUKI&model=JIMNY

Notice the black SZ5 that was on eBay for 25k has gone.
Last edit: 31 Jan 2019 13:49 by TomNewton.

More
31 Jan 2019 21:18 #202222 by Bob1050
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Bob1050 on topic Jimny 2019 queue jumpers
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Ayli Carper wrote: What queue is being jumped?

SZ4 2017 model with 7k miles for £16k. Trickle down residual re-uptake?

(Or dealer chancing an arm?)

Two Suzuki dealers have said to me that residuals for the last Gen 3 models (and demand for them) is high.

More
31 Jan 2019 22:27 #202224 by No Stock Available
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by No Stock Available on topic Jimny 2019 queue jumpers
That’s just he price of them currently, simple supply and demand.

Between all he Suzuki dealers around the uk I think there is only 20 used Jimnys for sale.

• Ayli Carper
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Feb 2019 21:32 #202494 by Ayli Carper
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationI started this thread amused that a little Suzuki could pull a demand/supply tailspin. I don't think there was ever speculation even on the Cappuccino and that was really restricted in numbers of imports.

But now, especially after reading Lambert's assessment of the new car, I feel worried. Suzuki could have done something to meet demand - it must have been obvious as soon as the first focus group looked at it that the world was going to go bananas over the new car and discussion groups everywhere would be full of comments like "I don't really know what it is, I'd never look at it normally, but I really really want one".

And then discover it isn't a Range Rover or a Ferrari or any kind of car that normally produces this kind of hype.

Ah well, onwards and upwards.

A silver SZ5 auto for £23,995:

A white SZ4 manual for £18,989:

Interesting that Tom's most expensive one has gone while these cheapies hang around.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds