BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Insuring a New 2019 Jimny

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2019 06:15 #206174 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic Insuring a New Jimny
Just transferred my new Jimny onto my existing policy with Aviva. They did have to get the underwriters to validate the car as it wasn’t on their system, hopefully it is now.

Lowest quote i got with the Meerkat was £188 fully comp with protected no claims discount but my insurance runs to Oct so opted for that with a small refund.

Trouble free switch really.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Apr 2019 06:28 #206176 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Insuring a New Jimny

mlines wrote: Are you keeping your old car? If so, it is not transferable as it can only exist on one car and they do not like you moving out settings at your convenience (putting it on the car that attracts the best saving,)

What you will find in this situation is that some companies will match an existing NCD. That's how BigJimny was insured recently for my son. For him to drive it, he has to be the main named driver as he is under 25, but he has a daily drive car as well. They would not move NCD around, instead just matched it.

(The main driver but is because in recent years people have been insuring young people as named driver on their insurance to reduce premiums when the young person is actually the main driver. It's now hard to fund anyone happy to add young drivers onto an "adult" insurance)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi Martin, thanks for chiming in, much appreciated.

Yes your right. I have a policy out at the minute with them (AXA) and it runs until June this year on my VW polo. Once i get the jimny I am donating the VW to my mother, who needs a pottering about car in her older years. They said i will have to bolt on to my existing policy, but i had to tirelessly explain that i wanted a fresh quote - separate from this existing policy. She didnt like this! and got shirty LOL. So now I have a fresh separate policy coming up with the Jimny, and still running my existing policy until June. Hence why she said my NCB cannot be used with another company. - HOPE THAT MAKES SENSE :-)

And so..... I might ask around today, just to see if I could get it lower. 4 years NCB I have, and that was down to a claim from hitting a lorry's loading bay. It sliced right through the door like butter. And when I was 18-19 I wrote my parents car off (Hahaa...can laugh now, wasnt then).

Anyways..... :-)

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
21 May 2019 18:57 #208612 by Lambert
Sounds like they don't want your money to me. Id be shopping around and getting a competitive price and asking them to match it like for like or bye bye.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
22 May 2019 07:22 #208635 by helijohn

Lambert wrote: Id be shopping around

At least with the Jimny DVLA have it on their database. My Exceed V6 Pajero has been called all sorts by them and after 4 log books where it is still not right I gave up bothering.
Hastings do a NCD system where its maximum is 9+ years. This meant when I searched other insurers they would only credit me with 9 years so Hastings will be off my menu in future

Do it right - use Hammerite
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 May 2019 07:44 #208637 by Lambert
It's all the snide little tricks that insurance companies insist on using that gets me. And they're all as bad as each other which is great!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

More
06 Sep 2019 11:36 #213200 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Insuring a New Jimny
Just renewed my Jimny insurance.

Last year on my previous car I paid £350, I was just 3 months into that policy when I got the Jimny and had to pay an extra £50 or £60 to change the cover over. I wasn't expecting the renewal to be much more than the combined figures, but £550 I thought was a bit steep. I went on Compare the Market and got a quote with LV for £263 for the same level of cover, I even declared the bash plates, Spot Lamps and reversing camera, so all those are included.

So with the £300 I have just saved I could buy my Rocksliders :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gadget

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Sep 2019 11:53 #213201 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Insuring a New Jimny
Great news
But what you should of wrote is 'saved £300 so I HAVE ORDERED MY ROCK SLIDERS'. :evil: :evil: :whistle:

More
06 Sep 2019 11:58 #213202 by Soeley

Daniel30 wrote: Great news
But what you should of wrote is 'saved £300 so I HAVE ORDERED MY ROCK SLIDERS'. :evil: :evil: :whistle:

Yeah, my bad :laugh:

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Sep 2019 13:19 #213209 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic Insuring a New Jimny
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :) :laugh:

More
06 Sep 2019 13:24 #213210 by stiffsteve204me

Soeley wrote: Just renewed my Jimny insurance.

Last year on my previous car I paid £350, I was just 3 months into that policy when I got the Jimny and had to pay an extra £50 or £60 to change the cover over. I wasn't expecting the renewal to be much more than the combined figures, but £550 I thought was a bit steep. I went on Compare the Market and got a quote with LV for £263 for the same level of cover, I even declared the bash plates, Spot Lamps and reversing camera, so all those are included.

So with the £300 I have just saved I could buy my Rocksliders :whistle:

Good news.

And bad. Jimnybits Rocksliders are out of stock.:ohmy:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

More
06 Sep 2019 14:34 #213211 by Soeley
Oh well no rush, I can wait a bit :S

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds