×
BigJimny Meet 2019 (17 May 2019)

BigJimny Meet and off-road driving day



20TH OCTOBER 2019

NOW BOOKING - CLICK HERE


See HERE for details - See HERE for discussion

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.[/size][/color][/b]

Insuring a New 2019 Jimny

More
11 Jan 2019 06:03 #200398 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic Insuring a New 2019 Jimny
I get about 5 results from go comparetheconfusdmeerkat.com etc. Admiral being the cheapest, who happen to be my insurer anyway. £280, which isn’t bad, but could have been better.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 09:12 #200413 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic Insuring a New 2019 Jimny
What's not so great is that Suzuki only got me 24 hours insurance, so I've had to scramble around a bit with only 5 quotes. 3 quotes are reasonable, and in fact all 5 quotes i think are from the same parent insurer/underwriter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 09:27 #200418 by reedx
Replied by reedx on topic Insuring a New 2019 Jimny

mikeyw85 wrote: What's not so great is that Suzuki only got me 24 hours insurance, so I've had to scramble around a bit with only 5 quotes. 3 quotes are reasonable, and in fact all 5 quotes i think are from the same parent insurer/underwriter.


Don't they usually give you 7 days insurance?

Colin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 10:31 #200425 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic Insuring a New 2019 Jimny

reedx wrote:

mikeyw85 wrote: What's not so great is that Suzuki only got me 24 hours insurance, so I've had to scramble around a bit with only 5 quotes. 3 quotes are reasonable, and in fact all 5 quotes i think are from the same parent insurer/underwriter.


Don't they usually give you 7 days insurance?

Colin

Yes. They said for some reason they couldn't do 7 days, without going into any detail.

So, after having got some quotes, I've now phoned Admiral to find they can't quite insure mine yet. I'm pretty sure it sounded like they have new SZ5's on the system, but not SZ4's. They're going to get back to me. Strange, because I got quotes from them through a few comparison websites which gave me the impression it would be no problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 10:56 - 11 Jan 2019 10:57 #200430 by reedx
Replied by reedx on topic Insuring a New 2019 Jimny

mikeyw85 wrote: So, after having got some quotes, I've now phoned Admiral to find they can't quite insure mine yet. I'm pretty sure it sounded like they have new SZ5's on the system, but not SZ4's. They're going to get back to me. Strange, because I got quotes from them through a few comparison websites which gave me the impression it would be no problem.


That makes sense. I was wanting to compare the cost of the dealer offered gap insurance with open market alternatives, so did a web search and Admiral was one of the results. Being a name I recognised I tried their site for a quote. I don't have a registration number yet, so used the vehicle manufacturer/model/engine type/engine size (1462)/exact model drop downs and they only list "Jimny 1.5 ( 101ps ) ALLGRIP 2019MY SZ5".

Colin
Last edit: 11 Jan 2019 10:57 by reedx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 11:44 #200439 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic Insuring a New 2019 Jimny

reedx wrote:

mikeyw85 wrote: That makes sense. I was wanting to compare the cost of the dealer offered gap insurance with open market alternatives, so did a web search and Admiral was one of the results. Being a name I recognised I tried their site for a quote. I don't have a registration number yet, so used the vehicle manufacturer/model/engine type/engine size (1462)/exact model drop downs and they only list "Jimny 1.5 ( 101ps ) ALLGRIP 2019MY SZ5".

Colin


I find dealer GAP is always nearly double in terms of cost, only time I go down that route is if its free,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 11:48 #200441 by reedx
Replied by reedx on topic Insuring a New 2019 Jimny

wigit wrote:

reedx wrote:

mikeyw85 wrote: That makes sense. I was wanting to compare the cost of the dealer offered gap insurance with open market alternatives, so did a web search and Admiral was one of the results. Being a name I recognised I tried their site for a quote. I don't have a registration number yet, so used the vehicle manufacturer/model/engine type/engine size (1462)/exact model drop downs and they only list "Jimny 1.5 ( 101ps ) ALLGRIP 2019MY SZ5".

Colin


I find dealer GAP is always nearly double in terms of cost, only time I go down that route is if its free,


I'm hoping so. I didn't complete the quotation screens as the SZ4 wasn't listed. Dealer price was £399 for 36 months cover.

Colin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 13:38 #200454 by mikeyw85
Replied by mikeyw85 on topic Insuring a New 2019 Jimny

reedx wrote:

mikeyw85 wrote: So, after having got some quotes, I've now phoned Admiral to find they can't quite insure mine yet. I'm pretty sure it sounded like they have new SZ5's on the system, but not SZ4's. They're going to get back to me. Strange, because I got quotes from them through a few comparison websites which gave me the impression it would be no problem.


That makes sense. I was wanting to compare the cost of the dealer offered gap insurance with open market alternatives, so did a web search and Admiral was one of the results. Being a name I recognised I tried their site for a quote. I don't have a registration number yet, so used the vehicle manufacturer/model/engine type/engine size (1462)/exact model drop downs and they only list "Jimny 1.5 ( 101ps ) ALLGRIP 2019MY SZ5".

Colin

They eventually recognised the existence of the SZ4 and it's all done. It was a struggle though. I could pick it through their website, but over the phone they struggled to find it. Kept quoting a 1300cc engine. Anyway, done now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 18:59 - 11 Jan 2019 19:00 #200491 by Themooingman
i got 24 hours cover from suzuki and not 7 days. pointless. anyway sorted with direct line so can sleep at night.

i work in insurance but don't deal with UK business but fairly shoddy service on this car. AXA was like 'computer said no' attitude which very annoying. I wouldnt treat my insurance clients like this, i would try and find a solution.

2019 Gen 4 Jimny SZ5 in Silky Silver. Parking sensors and floor mats pack. Rigid tyre Cover
Last edit: 11 Jan 2019 19:00 by Themooingman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnjohanaphy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2019 20:12 #200508 by Bob1050
Replied by Bob1050 on topic Insuring a New 2019 Jimny
I have an aversion to showers - I've seen that movie …….

Off to try Gadget's tip for confused dot com
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnjohanaphy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2019 13:45 #200573 by Daz3031
Replied by Daz3031 on topic Insuring a New 2019 Jimny
I also had problems trying to arrange insurance for my new SZ4. Most insurers don't have it listed yet. Only one result on compare the market and they wanted £1500! I then called a broker who could do it for £490 which still seemed very expensive. Called Admiral and have taken a multicar policy with them - £208 for the jimny and I've also saved money on my other 2 cars :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnjohanaphy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2019 15:31 #200579 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic Insuring a New 2019 Jimny
I am only 3 months into my current policy. I phoned Direct Line whom I'm with and I had to pay an extra £118 to top up my policy for the remaining 9 months. I am hoping they have over estimated and when the SZ5 is fully on the system it will work out a bit cheaper next time round.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnjohanaphy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: funkyjimnyooky_123
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum

I hope you enjoy using this forum. Please consider making a donation towards the upkeep of this forum website.