BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Insuring a New 2019 Jimny

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
22 Feb 2019 05:38 #203643 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic Re:Insuring a New Jimny
Yet more evidence were it needed that at best the insurance industry is inept or at worse criminally corrupt.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnjohanaphy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TaterTot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Feb 2019 08:14 #203652 by TaterTot
Replied by TaterTot on topic Re:Insuring a New Jimny
What I like with these company is that it is 100% impossible to use logic or reason. Like the examples above, especially the "van". Can you ask them to actually look at a picture? won't matter. Look at previous generations? Won't matter. What about hard facts and datasheets? Nope, won't matter. Becuasue here in the system, the perfect system, it is a van.

• Dorsetdumpling
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2019 21:13 #204427 by Dorsetdumpling
Replied by Dorsetdumpling on topic Insuring a New Jimny
Don’t bother with General Accident/Aviva - i was with them for my MX5.

In January, having seen the issues raised on this topic, I asked them to check that the new Jimny was on their system to avoid any problems at changeover.

Their reply was to brush me off basically saying that as an online provider they wouldn’t deal with queries like this, and that I should use the online self service to amend the car details.

You can guess what’s coming next.

I tried to change online when my Jimny arrived, and the system rejected the new vehicle.

I tried to query why, and eventually got a response that they didn’t cover this vehicle, couldn’t tell me why as it was commercially sensitive information, and allI could do was to go elsewhere and cancel my policy with them...oh and by the way they would charge me for cancelling the policy to the tune of £56.00.

Needless to say I told them I wanted to make a formal complaint, as a result of which they became very communicative, cancelled the cancellation fee, and refunded me the balance of my insurance payment.

• Ash97x
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Mar 2019 22:41 #204431 by Ash97x
Replied by Ash97x on topic Insuring a New Jimny
Hi Guys,
I've had a 2017 Jimny insured for two years now with Direct Line and have recently purchased the SZ5 2019. I just recently renewed my policy on the SZ4 2017 model to then receive the call that I was getting the SZ5 in this allocation. Fantastic. Off the phone to Direct Line tonight after 40 minutes who concluded that the vehicle wasn't yet on their systems, however they contacted the underwriters directly and confirmed I had a mere £40 premium increase for this new model. Not too bad in my opinion.

Hope you guys get sorted soon - Cheers, Ash B)

More
10 Mar 2019 23:07 #204435 by wjamieson
Replied by wjamieson on topic Insuring a New Jimny
Got the free week of Insurance from Suzuki and their offer for 1 years insurance was £285.00. Not bad but I got my SZ5 Gen 4 insured via Admiral for £216.00. One of three cars insured with Admiral. 1st person I spoke to did not have the details for the new Jimny but put me on hold for a couple of minutes as he spoke with his manager, who has access to a different database, and promptly came back with all the necessary information. All very painless and pretty efficient.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Mar 2019 18:36 #204458 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Insuring a New Jimny
Thats a good deal! I'll be happy with that deal!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2019 14:29 #206143 by Andy2640
Got my insurance quote: £302.00 for fully comp :-)

Not bad for a 15 yr old lad ;-)

More
15 Apr 2019 15:16 #206144 by stiffsteve204me

Andy2640 wrote: Got my insurance quote: £302.00 for fully comp :-)

Not bad for a 15 yr old lad ;-)

Young, good looking, and lucky. :laugh:

What more could you ask for, Andy.;)

The problem with all of these different quotes is, I very much doubt that each company is quoting for exactly the same cover.

How many years NCB, Andy?

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640, johnjohanaphy

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2019 15:22 #206145 by Andy2640
Hi Steve :-)

4 years no claims, transferred over from my existing policy. That's with no claims protection. With AXA.

No point in me trying other compare ze market sites, as I wouldn't be able to use my 4 years no claims on a new car apparently.

Its never a pleasant experience insurance quoting, in fact its bloody awful. But i'm fairly ok with that figure.

More
15 Apr 2019 17:18 #206148 by Bill Portland

Andy2640 wrote:
No point in me trying other compare ze market sites, as I wouldn't be able to use my 4 years no claims on a new car apparently.

Who told you that?

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 Apr 2019 18:59 #206152 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:Insuring a New Jimny

Bill Portland wrote:

Andy2640 wrote:

Who told you that?

Actually, now ive had time to digest that, and you questioning it, that makes no sense to me either. I did reiterate that at the end, and she said its because its non transferable from my current car. I'll re-check that. Bit annoying that now when i think about it, feel a tad silly really not catching it at the time.

More
16 Apr 2019 06:10 - 16 Apr 2019 06:53 #206173 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Insuring a New Jimny
Are you keeping your old car? If so, it is not transferable as it can only exist on one car and they do not like you moving NCD at your convenience (putting it on the car that attracts the best saving,)

What you will find in this situation is that some companies will match an existing NCD. That's how BigJimny was insured recently for my son. For him to drive it, he has to be the main named driver as he is under 25, but he has a daily drive car as well. They would not move NCD around, instead just matched it.

(The main driver bit is because in recent years people have been insuring young people as named driver on their insurance to reduce premiums when the young person is actually the main driver. It's now hard to fund anyone happy to add young drivers onto an "adult" insurance)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses
Last edit: 16 Apr 2019 06:53 by mlines.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds