BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

May need a new exhaust, the second CAT has gone, any recommendations

More
01 Jan 2019 13:44 #199822 by Scimike
Just had a quick pre MOT check of my Jimny and noticed that the second CAT downpipe weld has failed, resulting in a sliding joint !
So it looks like I nedd to replace this middle section including the CAT. Seen them on ebay etc, will phone around tomorrow, but anyone got any experience of the quality of replacement parts for this section?
Any avoids or recommendations?

The good news is the rest looks perfect and I will still have to go (booked for the 4th) and hope they dont spot it.

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jan 2019 15:01 #199826 by jackonlyjack
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationDon't think you will find one cheaper

More
01 Jan 2019 15:03 #199827 by Delux
The cheaper the parts the more time you may need to spend 'tailoring' them to fit!
Although I bought a rear exhaust section for my last Jimny off ebay, searched 'Jimny rear exhaust', selected 'Price, lowest P&P' and bought the cheapest.
I figured I have all the hardware available to 'make' it fit. Imagine my surprise when it turned up, supplied with new bolts, nuts, gaskets and rubbers. Fitted perfectly!

Busiest Mechanic in Scotland!
My pics (inc. pics of my latest Jimny project)...
www.flickr.com/photos/159422664@N08/albums
My ebay stuff for sale...
www.ebay.co.uk/usr/deeelux

More
01 Jan 2019 15:09 #199828 by Busta
Best to weld it up if you can. I fitted a cheap (£80?) cat and it wouldn't go through the emissions test, then the cat broke up shortly after so I knocked the ceramic out of it and ran it like that until the next MOT when I repaired and refitted the original cat. Genuine parts are expensive. I think I've welded both side of mine back on now but it's got another 20,000 miles life out of it and counting, so well worth doing.

• paradox1001
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2019 15:39 #199831 by paradox1001
I’ve fitted a centre cat section and rear box to mine both from eBay.
They fitted perfectly fine and it passed the emissions test no problem.

The only problem I had was the rear exhaust box was slightly larger than the original so it knocked on the towbar bracket occasionally
I used a piece of old rubber fuel pipe and a cable tie to act as a buffer and it’s been fine since.

More
01 Jan 2019 15:51 - 01 Jan 2019 19:34 #199832 by gv42
i had stainless steel new exhaut and a sports cat for the jimny ,, it was £290, from HIB-exhaut in ANGLESEY , a magnaflow cat,, and next is a s.s, manifold,
Last edit: 01 Jan 2019 19:34 by gv42.

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Jan 2019 19:10 #199837 by Daniel30
That is a really good price for the stainless and cat

More
01 Jan 2019 20:05 #199839 by Scimike
Thanks so far,, the exhaust is surprisingly quite considering the front down pipe is just resting in the front of the cat. Looks like my local Euro Cart parts can supply one sub £100, would go for this as its easier to plonk it on the desk if it gives any problems.
Its held on with what looks like spring loaded bolts (not sure what they are called).

What are the chances of these being reusable, am I better assuming I will need new?

Still going for MOT on Friday without fixing this as its a free one, they may not see it and its a grey area fail as its not falling off and not loud.
Still need to fix it though, but not going to rush..

Yokohama Geolanders, Sony head unit, NAUTILUS Air Horn, DRL conversion, Rear cargo space, Elvis Bobblehead, transfer Guard, Indian hanging Elephant, Koni Heavy track dampers, Custom SS exhaust, Voodoo Doll, Adventure Rack with LED ight bar, vintage ERIBA caravan usually attached (yes it's slow)

More
01 Jan 2019 20:10 #199840 by jackonlyjack
Make an account with euro car parts put it in your basket but don't buy it do it now and keep checking your emails and they will give you a discount
Trust me it works

More
01 Jan 2019 20:42 #199843 by Scimike
^^^^^ Thanks, done it, worth a try.

What about those spring mount things, possible to use again or get new?
Are they threaded?

Euro dont appear to sell these.

Thanks

Mike

More
01 Jan 2019 20:48 #199844 by mlines
The mounting springs and sealing rings are available separately. Make sure you get the correct ring as some kits have a ring that is too small.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
01 Jan 2019 22:55 #199848 by ahtr
I fitted a Eurocarparts one on mine about June time, it passed MOT last week with no emissions issues. Discount code on ecp at the min is SALE90, should give about 30% off exhaust parts.

My green laner build
2003 Jimny - M16 engine - 4.16 TC - Winch - Snorkel - 30x9.5 Maxxis MT-764 tyres on 15x7 ET-7 offset wheels - 4" lift - Rear floating axles and discs

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds