BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
15 Jan 2019 15:37 #200795 by Foxtrot
Replied by Foxtrot on topic New Jimny waiting list
I was speaking to my local dealer at weekend, he was saying they are only getting about 3 at a time delivered and its about a 6 month waiting list, however he did say that the Forest Green colour will be coming at the end of the year..:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2019 18:01 #200811 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New Jimny waiting list
Have been told that I should be able to pick up my car next week, woohoo! Will be a bit of a delay while they bolt on the tonne of accessories I ordered :)

More
16 Jan 2019 00:12 - 16 Jan 2019 00:13 #200838 by Hanslow
Replied by Hanslow on topic New Jimny waiting list
I'll have to ring and check what's happening with mine next week. It was originally planned to be mine the last week in Jan, but I asked if I could pick it up first week of Feb as I'd already got that booked off and other commitments the last week of Jan.

Now I see there's snow forecast, which usually does hit us on the edge of the peaks around the beginning of Feb. Assuming everything is on track at the dealers, I hope the snow doesn't delay things as it'll be difficult getting there in the GT86 :(

Gadget, what accessories have you gone for?
Last edit: 16 Jan 2019 00:13 by Hanslow.

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jan 2019 08:09 #200854 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic New Jimny waiting list
We need to see more owners pics! and yes what accessories? with pics and prices.
I am more in the thinking will wait and see how they year goes, now my RX8 is still going ok, well MOT next month!

More
16 Jan 2019 08:34 - 16 Jan 2019 08:36 #200855 by Gadget
I've gone for the different front grille, detachable towbar and rear parking sensors. Have been informed what the reg plate will be, so that must mean it's close #superexcited

Without wanting to tempt fate, seems I've been lucky and will be getting the exact spec I wanted, which I guess is what comes of being the only person who likes beige cars!
Last edit: 16 Jan 2019 08:36 by Gadget.

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jan 2019 08:51 #200857 by lee1980

Gadget wrote: I've gone for the different front grille, detachable towbar and rear parking sensors. Have been informed what the reg plate will be, so that must mean it's close #superexcited

Without wanting to tempt fate, seems I've been lucky and will be getting the exact spec I wanted, which I guess is what comes of being the only person who likes beige cars!

Do the parking sensors have a beeper or anything on the screen? is it the SZ5?

Ivory with black roof? look forward to seeing pics!

More
16 Jan 2019 09:38 #200861 by Gadget
No idea about the parking sensors, I assume just a beeper. Not really needed, but seemed sensible to chuck on anything I might possibly need up front.

Yes, auto SZ5 in Ivory with black roof.

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jan 2019 09:53 #200862 by lee1980

Gadget wrote: No idea about the parking sensors, I assume just a beeper. Not really needed, but seemed sensible to chuck on anything I might possibly need up front.

Yes, auto SZ5 in Ivory with black roof.

Yea is a small car but think I would want on rear to at least, if not for me for the wife! lol As official part guess will look good and be fitted well.

One of my first colour choices, enjoy!

• Daniel30
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jan 2019 10:06 #200863 by Daniel30
Replied by Daniel30 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Would thought it is the camera one and will display on the screen, that's what the wife's Ignis had :)

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 Jan 2019 10:28 #200865 by lee1980
I guess depends on how much they are, if around 200 will be sensors with warning beeper and lights maybe, usually rear cameras are like £400+ option on most cars!

More
16 Jan 2019 12:11 #200872 by Soeley
Replied by Soeley on topic New Jimny waiting list

Gadget wrote: I've gone for the different front grille, detachable towbar and rear parking sensors. Have been informed what the reg plate will be, so that must mean it's close #superexcited

Does anyone know if the detachable towbar could be used as a rear recovery point, obviously using the bracket and not to tow hitch?

More
16 Jan 2019 12:45 #200877 by Gadget

Soeley wrote: Does anyone know if the detachable towbar could be used as a rear recovery point, obviously using the bracket and not to tow hitch?

I don't know, sorry. Here's a closeup of the towbar fitting if that helps:

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds