BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
07 Apr 2019 12:50 #205649 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New Jimny waiting list

Aj4x4 wrote: Another question...sorry. Do you know if the speaker cables are already in the rear just no speakers? Or will I need to feed cables from the head unit? Thanks..

Yes, the speaker cables are already there. Check the fitting guide in the wiki.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aj4x4
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
07 Apr 2019 19:32 #205676 by Aj4x4
Replied by Aj4x4 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I have done a couple of quotes online with different results. I had a quote of £153 fully comp with protected NC windscreen etc. But I have maximum NC bonus, an advanced driver, so good discount for that and 53 years old. That is with my wife included who is only 43. I thought that was cheap to be honest. They was with Admiral.

More
08 Apr 2019 17:19 #205712 by Bill Portland
Dealer just emailed me with my 10th (yes, you read that right, tenth) delivery date.

Is there a company more unprofessional than Suzuki GB?

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Apr 2019 17:24 #205713 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

Bill Portland wrote: Dealer just emailed me with my 10th (yes, you read that right, tenth) delivery date.

Is there a company more unprofessional than Suzuki GB?

Crikey o'reily!! What date they given you now Bill?

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
08 Apr 2019 19:48 #205721 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
It’s getting ridiculous now....why is this so hard? Are the cars being built? In transit to Europe, Stuck in Zeebrugge, in the UK, or actually never existed. Just tell us the bl**dy truth.

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Apr 2019 11:19 #205808 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic New Jimny waiting list
Since my groan to Suzuki UK nothing from my dealer, the dealer were meant to offer me a Vitara last weekend if not available but not a call so makes it even better, missed a trick as a Swift Sport is on the list for potentially replacing the up! I did not chase as why should I and the weather was fine for Goodwood Members' Meeting and I slummed it in the Porsche.

Chased them today saying what will happen first Brexit or the Jimny arriving, I sense the review will be along the lines I gave you 1 out of 5 as I could not give you zero on the satisfaction survey.

The longer it takes the more of it coming to me with no dealer prep and being moved on to a new home as I had to deal with these clown for servicing and warranty work.

Another letter will be going to Suzuki UK no doubt to make me feel better. I sense the dealer would love me to pull out.

Fine winning awards for it but irrelevant given customer service.

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Apr 2019 12:37 #205810 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Someone in Suzuki must know what the situation is its inconceivable that they don't. It's obviously such an embarrassment to them that they don't want the press to get hold of it.

More
10 Apr 2019 15:24 #205817 by stiffsteve204me

GeorgeC wrote: I am amazed at the vast difference in customer service between some of the larger Companies. Today I had the opposite experience to the common Car response.

I have an old 3M Mouse and it began erratic behaviour a month or so back, I traced the fault to its tail, the cable was breaking down. I contacted the distributor for a new cable and asked about a new set (5) of mouse feet as they were worn.
They replied that parts were not available but would try to help. Today an email and a phone call from them, a new Mouse is in the mail!

Are you sure its the mouse at fault, George?

File Attachment:

:laugh:

Steve.

“He that strikes the venison first shall be the lord o' the feast.” — Shakespeare, King Lear.

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Apr 2019 16:25 #205819 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I've got the perfect mental picture of you now George!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Apr 2019 18:56 #205834 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Ive just spoke to a mate, who is in the shipping business. He reckons that car companies have pushed as many motors as possible through Zeebrugge in the hope of em getting here before the potential "Brexit Crash out". This has caused a huge backlog.

Dont know what to think about that though, I know nowt about this sort of thing.

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Apr 2019 20:16 #205846 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic New Jimny waiting list
That’s interesting so we can presume there are so many cars there that the port officials are delayed in releasing them to the countries that they are due to go to, especially the UK.

There is no way we are going to crash out on the 12th April in fact the EU is voting on an extension tonight and that is likely to be an extension until December so there will be no excuse that they can’t release the cars to the UK but there may be a delay if there is a backlog.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 Apr 2019 20:40 #205847 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Its weird though, because ive seen how fast the port workers move them cars. There like worker ants. Must be the digital paperwork slowing things down.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds