BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
20 Mar 2019 08:35 #204833 by No Stock Available
Hi we have 8 cars coming over the course of a year, 2 per quarter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2019 09:34 #204836 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list

No Stock Available wrote: Hi we have 8 cars coming over the course of a year, 2 per quarter.

Howdy N.S,

I see.

Now im starting to get the picture.

I reckon my dealer has assumed he is getting 4 cars per month. He has his "firm" sold cars and customers waiting in line, and then he has the outsiders (like me) And we are being told next year.

Gonna ring and confirm this.

Makes me wonder though, cus even SUZi GB wont say if your still getting your 2 cars per month. Interesting.....

Your a gem mate. Tar.

More
20 Mar 2019 09:44 #204838 by No Stock Available
each dealer knows exactly how much allocation they will receive per quarter for this year, of course we don't know which model or colours until late.

Suzuki gb have confirmed we will only have an allocation of 8 for this year. and a maximum of 2k cars for next year. we don't know our allocation for 2020 yet :(

• Guy 2
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2019 10:15 #204840 by Guy 2
Replied by Guy 2 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Excellent, I've now been able to bring forward my estimated delivery date to 2024!

Seriously though, thanks for that best bit of clarification to date.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
20 Mar 2019 10:41 #204841 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny waiting list
Another thing that has crossed my mind. All of you with these long standing deposits, are you charging interest to whomever your deposit is being held by? Not the end of the world if you've only put fifty or a hundred quid down but if it's 500 quid and someone else has had that in their accounts for more than a few months instead of you? Suzuki and it's wider affiliates could have handled things so much better indeed they still have the opportunity to improve but they won't unless they get hurt where it matters; the bank account.

God, I sound like my old man!

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2019 17:53 #204852 by Andy2640
Call made:

My conclusion into this mess (at least locally for me IS......).

Salesmen are taking information from Suzi GB and misinterpreting it. They also seem to be unsure what the information means. A disconnect in understanding.

From another salesmen I hear: "We actually get 3 cars per quarter". We have had 3 so far, all sold. They will know April when the next batch is due. These cars have NOT been sold.

I told him i was informed I was 2nd on the list. He could not conform this, but said the guy who took my deposit will inform me tomorrow to confirm. Lets see if he calls (i wont hold my breath, but if he dont, i'll be talking to the dealer manager in order to shift salesmen.

So....... the story of no more cars in 2019 was wrong it seems. I think when some salesmen are told by management, that they dont know when in April the cars are arriving, they interpret that to mean they dont know if there coming at all.

I think most these salesmen are focused on the here and now. They are short sighted, thinking about making money NOW (And who can blame them!!). And so.......Anything later down the line is of little concern to them. I'm sure not all salesmen are like this, i'm sure there are notable exceptions, but to be honest I am not impressed with this sales guy who took my deposit. I understated being short sighted in order to make money and focus on the here and now, but a little consideration for future customers is an ethical must. For me at least! So in a way i hope he doesn't call me back tomorrow, because then, it will give me the justification to talk with management, and swap the salesman i'm dealing with.

So....if its true i'm 2nd on this list, and a new batch arrives in April, I may.....Just may..... be in with a chance of getting this bloody car. And sooner than i had hoped ;-)

I'll keep ya posted. Still puzzled about Suzi GB statements though. This puzzle is 90% pieced together now. For me at least.

My advice, is keep onto your dealer. Keep the pressure on! (Without alienating yourself and going mad at em). We're all human, mistakes happen. But shoddy customer service, which is blatant ignorance, we should not tolerate. (I'll step off my soap box now).

Cheers.

• AlexK
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2019 22:14 #204861 by AlexK
Replied by AlexK on topic New Jimny waiting list
Good luck. Back in November, my local dealer told me I was first on his list. Next thing I know he emails to say he’s had his allocation and sold them all.

Doesn’t help the situation that Suzuki GB Customer Services are currently telling people there are no more allocations until September.

More
20 Mar 2019 22:40 #204864 by grumyoldjoe
Replied by grumyoldjoe on topic New Jimny waiting list
Remember
99% of car salesman give the rest a bad name.

Wine improves with age.
The older I get the more I like it

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Mar 2019 01:19 #204866 by Andy2640

AlexK wrote: Good luck. Back in November, my local dealer told me I was first on his list. Next thing I know he emails to say he’s had his allocation and sold them all.

Doesn’t help the situation that Suzuki GB Customer Services are currently telling people there are no more allocations until September.

Hhaahhaaaa!! Yeah you make me think twice about what i just heard now .....Pmsl :-) As I have exhaustively mentioned, I have had conflicting info from Suzi GB + dealers + forum members etc ..... a handful of times now too.

What a pickle. I hope those Suzuki fat cats have this thread slammed on their desk. Mine due.....who's gonna do the slamming! ;-)

We'll see. Never been so stressed and anxious over a bloody motor before. Its psychological warfare!

I'll leave this thread be now, until something either really good happens, or summit really bad. Jury's out..... hehe hahahhaa

Good luck all.

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Mar 2019 08:39 #204874 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic New Jimny waiting list
I didn’t post this

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
21 Mar 2019 08:40 #204875 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Sorry where did that picture go?
Attachments:

More
21 Mar 2019 08:53 #204876 by No Stock Available
Its a valid point, some salesmen are very short sighted and do not think about a year down the line.

this can be because we get paid usually on cars that are delivered into the month so a Jimny order for a year doesn't pay the mortage.... that's still no excuse for poor customer service.

always ask to speak to his manager the salesman prob doesn't make the choice on who is getting the Jimny hence why lots of people say that haven't been offered a car when they were promised.

Andy2640 wrote: Call made:

My conclusion into this mess (at least locally for me IS......).

Salesmen are taking information from Suzi GB and misinterpreting it. They also seem to be unsure what the information means. A disconnect in understanding.

From another salesmen I hear: "We actually get 3 cars per quarter". We have had 3 so far, all sold. They will know April when the next batch is due. These cars have NOT been sold.

I told him i was informed I was 2nd on the list. He could not conform this, but said the guy who took my deposit will inform me tomorrow to confirm. Lets see if he calls (i wont hold my breath, but if he dont, i'll be talking to the dealer manager in order to shift salesmen.

So....... the story of no more cars in 2019 was wrong it seems. I think when some salesmen are told by management, that they dont know when in April the cars are arriving, they interpret that to mean they dont know if there coming at all.

I think most these salesmen are focused on the here and now. They are short sighted, thinking about making money NOW (And who can blame them!!). And so.......Anything later down the line is of little concern to them. I'm sure not all salesmen are like this, i'm sure there are notable exceptions, but to be honest I am not impressed with this sales guy who took my deposit. I understated being short sighted in order to make money and focus on the here and now, but a little consideration for future customers is an ethical must. For me at least! So in a way i hope he doesn't call me back tomorrow, because then, it will give me the justification to talk with management, and swap the salesman i'm dealing with.

So....if its true i'm 2nd on this list, and a new batch arrives in April, I may.....Just may..... be in with a chance of getting this bloody car. And sooner than i had hoped ;-)

I'll keep ya posted. Still puzzled about Suzi GB statements though. This puzzle is 90% pieced together now. For me at least.

My advice, is keep onto your dealer. Keep the pressure on! (Without alienating yourself and going mad at em). We're all human, mistakes happen. But shoddy customer service, which is blatant ignorance, we should not tolerate. (I'll step off my soap box now).

Cheers.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy2640

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds