BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

More
19 Mar 2019 13:59 - 19 Mar 2019 14:00 #204808 by No Stock Available
But taking it out on the sales staff wouldn't achieve anything we don't build the cars or have any control over what happens with them.

we understand the frustration and are just as annoyed as the customers as we want to sell and earn money and get people in jimnys.

what experiences do you refer to ? the only issue I have heard of is the severe lack of cars and actual delivery dates none of which we control
Last edit: 19 Mar 2019 14:00 by No Stock Available.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Mar 2019 15:24 #204809 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny waiting list
Well at two admittedly not local dealers when I have driven in with my gen3 sales staff have directly off the bat said to not bother asking about the gen4 as they can't get them before I have even expressed what I was interested in. If that is how they are letting their frustration manifest when approaching a new customer I worry how they treat their existing customers. My more local 2 have been great letting me have a good look and play. But then I'm happy with my gen3 and have no skin in the gen4 waiting game.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2019 15:36 #204810 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Lambert wrote: Given some of the stories that are filtering back here even accounting for a few being somewhat apocryphal there seem to be a goodly number of dealer experiences that are leaving customers rather frustrated and if I were one of those people I sure that frustration would show.

Interesting ...... I'm just trying to figure out which commentators you place in the "apocryphal" category ?

Never mind. ;-)

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2019 15:49 #204811 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic New Jimny waiting list
Mine was meant to be end of January, then end of March and now I am told mid April, my dealer as 19 other cars not arriving this month.

Why I am annoyed with the dealer, well I have to constantly chase them for updates and then they just say its slipped, not great in terms of managing expectations.

Had a sensible chat with dealer principle as asked if I could borrow their demo for a weekend and they said no as its stacked out with demos, I did say but you cannot fulfil orders and was offered a Vitara which in fairness I will probably decline in favour of a Maccan S which my dealer is keen for me to borrow.

It is frustrating and I am sure I will love it but just annoying as this will be my sensible car.

I did joke would they accept my order for a new one in tow years time to replace the one I do not have yet.

At least an apology and hopefully some good will on fitting of accessories etc.

• Lambert
    Registered
  • The quickest Jimny in Harrogate...(that I own)
More
19 Mar 2019 16:02 #204812 by Lambert
Replied by Lambert on topic New Jimny waiting list

Andy2640 wrote:

Lambert wrote: Given some of the stories that are filtering back here even accounting for a few being somewhat apocryphal there seem to be a goodly number of dealer experiences that are leaving customers rather frustrated and if I were one of those people I sure that frustration would show.

Interesting ...... I'm just trying to figure out which commentators you place in the "apocryphal" category ?

Never mind. ;-)

It's the internet. You can't believe every single thing you read as being absolutely correct and without hyperbole and to be unbiased. It's just how the internet is. But equally when enough people are saying something vaguely the same there is a legitimate reason to suspect there must be something in what they're saying.

Temeraire (2018 quasar grey automatic)
One of the last 200ish of the gen3s, probably.
ADOS Attention Deficit Ooooh Shiny!

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2019 18:42 #204813 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Today my dealer was kind enough to let me have a copy of a Suzuki Sales and Marketing Bulletin. It basically said that due to high winds and bad weather 1,000 vehicles expected to be delivered this week have been delayed by 2 weeks as they have been unable to make the trip to the UK from Zeebrugger and Grimsby.

My dealer is now expecting delivery of my Jimny at the end of March 19.

• MrPaynterZA
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2019 19:10 #204816 by MrPaynterZA
Replied by MrPaynterZA on topic New Jimny waiting list
Holding thumbs for you guys who're past due.
Very frustrating indeed!

More
19 Mar 2019 19:47 #204819 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

Hammo19 wrote: Today my dealer was kind enough to let me have a copy of a Suzuki Sales and Marketing Bulletin. It basically said that due to high winds and bad weather 1,000 vehicles expected to be delivered this week have been delayed by 2 weeks as they have been unable to make the trip to the UK from Zeebrugger and Grimsby.

My dealer is now expecting delivery of my Jimny at the end of March 19.

Two weeks! Zeebrugge is 4 hours away!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
19 Mar 2019 20:50 #204821 by Hanslow
Replied by Hanslow on topic New Jimny waiting list

No Stock Available wrote: the only issue I have heard of is the severe lack of cars and actual delivery dates none of which we control

NSA, I don't mean to sound rude but are you in touch with every dealer and every inquiry or operation they are involved in? Whilst the salesman I dealt with face to face was a decent chap, friendly and a good passion for cars, overall communication was very poor. Calls I was promised that never happened, when I did manage to get in touch and asked a number of questions very little was answered and what was answered was generally an apology after I said I hadn't been happy with the lack of comms and complete avoidance of the questions asked.

To be fair, it's the sort of experience I've had with most car dealers, the gems seem to be independent enthusiasts or the odd main dealer. This has been my first experience with Suzuki and in some ways I feel like I'd have been better using my other dealer choice.

Through my own fault I ended up with the diamond brite protection, but at no point was it mentioned and just added straight on to the deal without discussion at a time when I was excited and stupidly hadn't taken time to read through all the paperwork. I thought those sorts of tactics had long disappeared.

To some people, 19k isn't a lot of money, to me, I would have expected to have been treated better, been kept in touch even if there was nothing direct to report back (I mentioned this direct to dealer), and for as many questions as possible to be answered. I was pleased to see the dealer use email as a correspondence mechanism, it's not always convenient for me to talk at work, yet seemed to be when it suited the dealer, not the paying customer. It honestly felt like since they could probably sell to a queue of people, the personal touch was thrown out.

Barely recalling who I was despite saying I was one of the two purchasing their allotted Jimnys still initially gave a blank response on the phone. That to me is not good customer service completely forgetting who your paying customers are.

Some dealers were able to identify what ship cars were on, mine seemed incapable and never did get back to me after both emailing and speaking to him despite saying he would.

Yes I have one now, would I change it? No, but I'd certainly consider a different dealer in future and would do so if I had a chance to wind the clock back. Mind you, that could be jumping out of the frying pan into the fire... As far as servicing goes, I may well use my alternative as a result of the overall service.

I've had my name spelled incorrectly twice by the dealer, despite me writing it out for them and it also appearing in front of them on emails. It's not difficult, care, attention to detail and making the customer feel valued.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Mar 2019 21:31 - 19 Mar 2019 21:32 #204823 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list

No Stock Available wrote: Hi

We apart from the sold 8 orders we have for our years allocation, we have a list of about 40 others who say they are ready to order when they are available again.[/quot

This is the bit i dont get.

Your dealership has had a years allocation in one lump? Or your having 8 guaranteed over the course of the year?

Last edit: 19 Mar 2019 21:32 by Andy2640.

More
20 Mar 2019 06:46 #204829 by mlines
Replied by mlines on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

Andy2640 wrote:

No Stock Available wrote: Hi

We apart from the sold 8 orders we have for our years allocation, we have a list of about 40 others who say they are ready to order when they are available again.[/quot

This is the bit i dont get.

Your dealership has had a years allocation in one lump? Or your having 8 guaranteed over the course of the year?

A Group dealership with a great 2018 sales volume could have qualified for 2 or 3 vehicles per month meaning 8 within the first or first plus second quarters

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

• JimJimny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Mar 2019 07:45 - 20 Mar 2019 07:45 #204831 by JimJimny
Replied by JimJimny on topic New Jimny waiting list
I have absolutely no beef with my dealer, they have been attentive, communicative and helpful throughout. I've been in contact with them every week since they took my deposit and I genuinely believe they are as frustrated about the situation as I am, they are anxious to complete the sale. I still have no firm date given as to when it might be delivered, or even any guarantee that I'll be able to have the colour I ordered when any cars do suddenly come through. It's quite unprecedented, but at least I've been promised 'first refusal' on whatever they get when their next batch arrives. The dealer is working on the basis that if I don't want any of the ones they get (ha, like that's gonna happen!), they'll just contact the next person down the list They are at least assured there will be 'takers' because of the high demand and shortage of supply. So there's no point getting stroppy with them, they can't magic the cars out of thin air. Even though it is hard to believe in this day and age, it appears everyone is in the dark - the only blame for the whole mess lies with Suzuki themselves.
Last edit: 20 Mar 2019 07:45 by JimJimny.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds