BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
05 Feb 2019 22:55 #202649 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic New Jimny waiting list
I put in a call to Suzuki customer services given dealer said car would be here end of Jan when we did the deal and now saying March.

Still waiting a call back from Suzuki over where it is and why the change of date so I can have that conversation with the dealer this was prompted by the dealer saying how good their demo was in the snow which got a witty retort from me, we will be pressing for good will on the fitment of additional bits.

Lets hope its relable when it comes, with both my other car purchases last year I got more regular updates and expectations managed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2019 23:13 #202651 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Did your order form have an actual delivery date on it, or was it written down as 'estimated delivery date' as mine did...so come mid-January I was already getting fobbed off.

• wigit
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2019 13:55 #202681 by wigit
Replied by wigit on topic New Jimny waiting list

ZT260 wrote: Did your order form have an actual delivery date on it, or was it written down as 'estimated delivery date' as mine did...so come mid-January I was already getting fobbed off.

If they had said Q1 then that would be fine, they cannot seem to manage expectations, I would then have continued looking and pursued another option I had available at the time.

Its not like a want a kiss my ar@e experience just consistent and professional, I actually hate all the bs that goes with it and the big handover etc, not for me, I had to deal with Kia recently who were worse with a car for my father.

I think my dealer will want to make more of the handover than I will so they will be told politely that they cannot use the images for their marketing purposes

• TomNewton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
06 Feb 2019 15:04 - 06 Feb 2019 15:08 #202684 by TomNewton
Replied by TomNewton on topic New Jimny waiting list

ZT260 wrote: Likely Leo Spirit that got to Zebrugge last week (after having been to the UK at Bristol first...) Not sure which ship it then gets put on to get to Grimsby, or if it stays on that one?

Unsure how it works but I'm guessing they may have changed as Leo Spirit is now on it's way to the US. Sea Cruiser 1 is the next big one due in Grimsby from Zeebrugge.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2019 15:08 by TomNewton.

More
06 Feb 2019 15:37 #202688 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New Jimny waiting list
Sounds like things vary massively between dealers. My whole experience was very smooth and understated at Romford Suzuki. Told the dealer what spec I wanted in August 2018, they managed to arrange for one of their 3 January cars to meet that spec, I turned up, did the paperwork and payment and drove off. No overblown popping of champagne corks or photos, just a nice professional purchase.

More
09 Feb 2019 18:47 #202871 by Bill Portland
Well, my car is currently making its way very slowly up the south coast towards Portland, so about 30 miles from me. Shame its gonna take another 6-7 weeks to get to me :-(

• jimnyfox
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2019 19:40 #202878 by jimnyfox
Replied by jimnyfox on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
For anyone interested, dealer called me today. My vehicle was on the Leo Spirit and is now at grimsby awaiting delivery to dealership. Expected Feb 28th.

I would imagine anyone else who had a vehicle on Leo spirit should have a similar delivery date.

• TomNewton
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
09 Feb 2019 22:56 #202884 by TomNewton
Replied by TomNewton on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

jimnyfox wrote: For anyone interested, dealer called me today. My vehicle was on the Leo Spirit and is now at grimsby awaiting delivery to dealership. Expected Feb 28th.

I would imagine anyone else who had a vehicle on Leo spirit should have a similar delivery date.

99% sure mine was on that so will give my dealer a buzz next week!

More
11 Feb 2019 12:29 #202992 by ZT260
Replied by ZT260 on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
The latest two ships having been at Bristol over the weekend have reached Zebrugge, and the ship that goes between Grimsby and Zebrugge back and forth Sea Cruiser 1 is at Zebrugge today too! All looking hopeful for the next big batch getting to Grimsby soon!

• ozziesyorkshire
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2019 13:07 #202993 by ozziesyorkshire
Replied by ozziesyorkshire on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
Is this batch the fulfilment of 1st quarter dealer allocations or the 2nd quarter dealer allocations ?
Thanks.

• jimnyfox
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2019 15:19 - 11 Feb 2019 15:21 #203001 by jimnyfox
Replied by jimnyfox on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list

ozziesyorkshire wrote: Is this batch the fulfilment of 1st quarter dealer allocations or the 2nd quarter dealer allocations ?
Thanks.

Fulfilment of 1st quarter allocations, for my dealer at least anyway.

Out of interest, what spec are you after? The dealership I'm buying from also has a second car coming, which last I heard wasn't spoken for.
Last edit: 11 Feb 2019 15:21 by jimnyfox.

• ozziesyorkshire
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 Feb 2019 16:45 #203008 by ozziesyorkshire
Replied by ozziesyorkshire on topic Re:New Jimny waiting list
a SZ5 manual 2 tone ideally chiffon .

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds