BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny waiting list

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Jan 2019 22:50 #201464 by Andy2640
Replied by Andy2640 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Its the pre-bubble car looks that got me lovin the Jim. Cars should resemble boxes, simple as that ;-0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2019 07:58 #201483 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic New Jimny waiting list
Wow a lot of replies last nite, good to hear from a sales guy to, and imagine its very hard to please all and make money to.
To be honest when I first saw new one coming out thought get one easy!
Didn't even think I would get many replies to this thread!

I am fortunate enough to not need one like, so will just see how things go now and see if anything changes throughout the year. Glad I haven't put down a deposit and being messed around with when will get etc, done that before!

Still not sure if go SZ4 or 5, main things from 5 are LED lights and infotainment and rear privacy glass, most of this can probably be added to the 4 in some way. Though if read through comparison specs there a quite a lot of small things the 5 has to.
Though like idea of steel wheels to! tricky!

More
23 Jan 2019 08:30 - 23 Jan 2019 08:32 #201489 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New Jimny waiting list
I could have lived without the led lights and alloys, but have got used to having Android auto on my other car, so that was one reason, plus the SZ5 having heated seats and a leather steering wheel. Oh plus it comes with the rear storage box. You can probably add most if not all to a SZ4, but it would probably work out cheaper to get the SZ5 and add steel wheels to it.
Last edit: 23 Jan 2019 08:32 by Gadget.

• lee1980
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2019 09:16 #201491 by lee1980
Replied by lee1980 on topic New Jimny waiting list

Gadget wrote: I could have lived without the led lights and alloys, but have got used to having Android auto on my other car, so that was one reason, plus the SZ5 having heated seats and a leather steering wheel. Oh plus it comes with the rear storage box. You can probably add most if not all to a SZ4, but it would probably work out cheaper to get the SZ5 and add steel wheels to it.

Yeah light just nice really expect work better to. Thats it not had before but would be really nice for apple car play. Have heated seats in RX8 to though I ride a motorbike daily so, just being in a car feels warm!
Is that the box behind the seats?
Yeah can imagine so but at least this way add gradually to, i guess colours to i think SZ4 is only one colour no black roof etc.
I like the ivory/black roof at the mo.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2019 13:31 - 23 Jan 2019 13:35 #201512 by Andy2640
If any one is interested, i have sourced a white "demo" SZ5 available. I dont want white, so if anybody wants to go for it, let me know.
Last edit: 23 Jan 2019 13:35 by Andy2640.

More
23 Jan 2019 17:46 #201522 by Gadget
Replied by Gadget on topic New Jimny waiting list
Was talking to my dealer today when collecting my car, he said exactly the same thing as NSA - each dealer is allocated a certain number of cars per quarter based on their overall sales figure, anything from 1 to 5 cars. My dealer received 3 cars in Jan, will get another 3 in April and so on. There are only a couple of dealers big enough to receive 5 cars per quarter.

I was fortunate to be in the first group of three and for my dealer to have sweet talked Suzuki GB into allocating exactly the car I'd requested, which I think is definitely the exception rather than the norm.

• Totoro
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2019 17:59 #201527 by Totoro
Replied by Totoro on topic New Jimny waiting list
I'm number 3 in the first group of 3 at the dealer you got yours from, sadly no such sweet talking of sukuzi GB for me despite the model an colour I wanted being in the country.
They don't know what they are getting allocated in march
Roll on march/june...2020...

More
23 Jan 2019 19:00 #201538 by No Stock Available
I am going to keep a keen eye on autotrader also, don’t think it will be long before a new shape Jimny goes on sale for a horrendous amount.

More
23 Jan 2019 19:09 #201540 by reedx
Replied by reedx on topic New Jimny waiting list

No Stock Available wrote: I am going to keep a keen eye on autotrader also, don’t think it will be long before a new shape Jimny goes on sale for a horrendous amount.

To late, there was one advertised the other day for £26k

Colin

More
23 Jan 2019 19:18 #201542 by No Stock Available
Ouch lot of money, I did see a brisk blue one advertised I think by chapel house for £25k but very confused it looked like a demo and we are not allowed to sell them for 12 months.

I guess it was just to get it advertised and drum up interest.

• Andy2640
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2019 20:06 #201548 by Andy2640

No Stock Available wrote: Ouch lot of money, I did see a brisk blue one advertised I think by chapel house for £25k but very confused it looked like a demo and we are not allowed to sell them for 12 months.

I guess it was just to get it advertised and drum up interest.

One dealer i know is breaking that rule. FACT.

• Hammo19
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
23 Jan 2019 23:37 #201581 by Hammo19
Replied by Hammo19 on topic New Jimny waiting list
So much inconsistency amongst dealers.

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds