BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

New Jimny SZ4/SZ5 in the UK Market

More
19 Dec 2018 01:17 #199173 by Basketcase
The Suzuki dealer I used to work at said they will only get full spec of what cannot can’t be on which model on 2nd jan, I’ve got my name down for a phone call when the spec sheet arrives to decide if I want one and what spec. Test drove the sz5 without rear view camera last week and it’s a lovely car...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2018 18:14 #199234 by Soeley
I know there is a lot of interest with the arrival of the new Jimny, but someone is taking the mick already! £21,999 OTR!
Halesowen Motor House

More
20 Dec 2018 18:36 #199238 by mlines

Soeley wrote: I know there is a lot of interest with the arrival of the new Jimny, but someone is taking the mick already! £21,999 OTR!
Halesowen Motor House

Interestingly it appears to be their demonstrator - 106 miles on the clock.

We were only discussing today that there will be profiteering due to the short supply.

Martin

Martin

2003 M13 early KAP build.
3" Trailmaster lift with 1.5 Spacers on front
Customised winch bumper and roll cage
235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air
Corrected arms all-round, rear disks, Recaro seats and harnesses

More
20 Dec 2018 18:47 #199239 by mlines
And selling their demonstrator means Suzuki will not supply them with any more Jimnys for now, either customer cars or demonstrators so short term gain for long term loss.

Martin

235/85R16 Maxxis Bighorns on 16" Rims, 4:1 Rocklobster, Rear ARB locker and on-board air

• Totoro
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Dec 2018 20:53 #199248 by Totoro
Replied by Totoro on topic New Jimny SZ4/SZ5 in the UK Market
Not naive enough to think that people will not profiteer from the short supply, but its pretty rubbish from a Suzuki dealer.. Email to Suzuki GB in the morning.. Hope they get no more cars.

More
20 Dec 2018 21:11 #199250 by Soeley
I can believe that some private buyers might buy one to try and sell on at a profit, but never expected an authorised dealer to do it, especially when I heard they'd been told they would be expected to keep demonstrators longer than usual.

• activeuk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
20 Dec 2018 22:07 #199253 by activeuk
Replied by activeuk on topic New Jimny SZ4/SZ5 in the UK Market
This is on your auto trade page
TEST DRIVE ONLY ** NOT FOR SALE ** PRICE FOR DISPLAY ONLY ** 3dr
*NEW JIMNY**AVAILABLE TO DEMO*
£21,999
but do not know why they put £21,999

More
21 Dec 2018 09:04 #199261 by minibbb
The possible change of engine seems to suggest worth hanging on until 2020? Hoping they will be more economical than the old one!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

More
21 Dec 2018 10:36 #199263 by mlines
The alternative is that changes at the end of 2019 will be so radical that the 1.5 petrol will be a collector's piece in demand for years

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Martin

More
21 Dec 2018 20:26 #199280 by Gadget
If they do introduce a model using the Boosterjet engine, I hope they're not tempted to go down the 'Jimny Sport' route :ohmy:

More
21 Dec 2018 20:51 #199284 by Foxtrot

Gadget wrote: If they do introduce a model using the Boosterjet engine, I hope they're not tempted to go down the 'Jimny Sport' route :ohmy:

It will be interesting what they use as they have already ruled out the Boosterjets:

Suzuki GB asked Suzuki and got the answer below:
Boosterjet engine does not suit the general usage requirements of Jimny as the characteristics of the turbocharged engine may be unsuitable when driving off road. This is why a conventional 4-cylinder 16 valve unit is used."

More
21 Dec 2018 22:51 #199290 by Max Headroom
Unsuitable = overheat?

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds