BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Stuck in 4wd

More
19 Dec 2018 23:41 #199208 by sniper
Replied by sniper on topic Stuck in 4wd
Two hours labour to change my transfer box today, mine failed to recognise engagement of 4L.

A switch fault I believe, as it moved to 4H with no issue and when moved to 4L, you could hear the actuator engaging but it timed out.

I had an exchange box that had known history, it solved my problem.

It was my intention to change the switch and sell the box on, once tested. It should be good for £300 after me spending £100ish on the work.

If you want to buy it as is, to either fit your box's 4L switch to and fit, or remove the actuator, for your box, Let me know.

sniper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Dec 2018 17:55 #199317 by Mattch5150
Replied by Mattch5150 on topic Stuck in 4wd
I've looked for free hubs on store but cannot find them.. Any ideas on price for hubs and fitment kit? There seem to be ones on ebay too cheap for my liking!

More
22 Dec 2018 18:12 #199318 by j999pre
Replied by j999pre on topic Stuck in 4wd
I sell manual hubs £100 new

Gold Jimny the best colour (sold) :(

Big red Jimny 32" tyres, arbs, cage 5:1 transfer etc. (Sold)

Grey pick up Jimny
Turbo m13a, arbs, floating rear shafts, disc conversion rear, vented front conversion. 245 70 16. Winch, 3" lift, 4:16 trans hd shafts and CVS

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
22 Dec 2018 18:19 #199319 by Mattch5150
Awesome, when I'm ready ill message you, cheers
Matt

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
24 Dec 2018 14:14 #199396 by Mattch5150
The jimny is also in the habit of kangarooing in any gear , intermittently. Is this highly likely to be crank sensor?, i believe its quite common on vvt?

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Dec 2018 09:35 #199451 by Mattch5150
Hope all had a good Christmas. Jimny is off to garage tomorrow. I need to confirm if actuator is broken and if so will put a new one on. All I am thinking is at the .moment the green light is not flashing so does that mean that there is no vacuum leak? as if so it would flash? Or would it only flash after attempting to engage 4wd. ?

More
26 Dec 2018 11:07 #199457 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Stuck in 4wd
The green flashing is for any fault, whether that be with the actuator or the vacuum system. It won't know that the vacuum system is fine unless you try to select 4wd but if you have replaced/repaired the corroded vacuum pipes then it is very likely it is working fine.

Lets remember the main culprit here is obviously the fault with the transfer case and, if everything worked fine before, it is quite reasonable to assume there never was any problem with the vacuum system.

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Dec 2018 11:14 #199458 by Mattch5150
Thanks yes I think so. Just want to be sure he is happy that is the actuator itself and not just the wiring from it. My vacuum pipes do Look bad. I noticed sim suzuki sell them as an axle set, one set is £50 and another £165, different part numbers but look similar

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
26 Dec 2018 16:26 #199464 by Mattch5150
I'm banking on the repairs to be £800 plus. When it went in for clutch adjustment that problem has not been solved. Car loses power for a few seconds when warm and hesitates then picks up speed. Could be coil packs, sensors etc. Am I right in thinking jimny has 2 coil pencils?. Will try and get transfer box sorted then if needs be freewheeling hubs. Cannot buy another car cheaper and could be back to square one. Just hope my mechanic can sort it all!!

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2018 16:57 #199548 by Mattch5150
Update, the transfer actuator is fine it was the wiring. Vacuum system blocked now. Next job is both kingpin bearings and wheel bearings, all ordered from jimny store and freewheeling hubs. New crankshaft sensor fitted. Car is better but still stutters in second gear as if losing revs then catches up.It idles fine and starts first time. Also has a fuel leak when tank is full. I know these are supposed to be reliable but it seems never ending at present!!.

• paradox1001
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2018 17:07 #199550 by paradox1001
Replied by paradox1001 on topic Re:Stuck in 4wd
Great news on it only being a wiring problem

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
28 Dec 2018 17:10 #199551 by Mattch5150
Replied by Mattch5150 on topic Re:Stuck in 4wd
The stuttering problem in gear was what originally started this all.(that's still a worry) Fuel only leaks when tank full. Still going to cost a bit. Wish I could afford a newer one but can't so hopefully it will be ok!

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds