BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - Discount for additional vehicles

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Stuck in 4wd

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
29 Dec 2018 20:01 #199672 by Mattch5150
Replied by Mattch5150 on topic Stuck in 4wd
I think there is a few threads on here 're faulty actuator wiring, the black and white ones, I think this one has had a hard life at some point!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2018 23:49 #199691 by Johnniehec
Replied by Johnniehec on topic Stuck in 4wd
Sorry but if fuel is leaking from the filler pipe wher it goes into the tank you’re going to need a new or second hand tank. Mine had a stupid bit of foam rubber round that bit of the pipe which holds the salty water off the road. Mine got a bit of a prod off road and broke completely but it was well rotten.

On the 8th Day God made the LandRover -
On the 9th day he swapped it for a Jimny.

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2018 07:55 #199695 by Mattch5150
Have looked everywhere and cannot see new or used tanks anywhere for them. Will have to check It all out first.

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2018 09:39 #199698 by Mattch5150
I presume fitting a new tank would be a nightmare and Very expensive?. It hopefully is repairable by some method. I

More
30 Dec 2018 09:44 #199700 by Busta
Replied by Busta on topic Stuck in 4wd
Not at all. Find one in a breakers yard or ask a mechanic to find one for you and fit it. Should only be a couple of hours labour.

More
30 Dec 2018 10:40 #199703 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Stuck in 4wd
I know you dont need the extra work with this car, but if it was my car and me doing the job I'd get myself a largish tub of THIS UNDERSEAL or similar, get the old tank out, paint the area above the tank with it, and the top/inaccessible areas of the tank with the underseal, fit the replacement tank, and finally paint the remaining bits of the tank. Change any rubber seals etc as well.

This is messy stuff but well worth the hassle (and mess).
Last summer I found the sender unit on my old MG was failing. To change that meant getting the tank off (stupid design) but I found the seam around the top of the tank had started to exfoliate and leak so replaced the tank as well. I used the same underseal as I just described

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Attachments:

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
30 Dec 2018 10:44 #199705 by Mattch5150
Are the ignis 4 grip any good?

More
30 Dec 2018 12:41 #199709 by jackonlyjack

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
31 Dec 2018 14:31 #199779 by Mattch5150
The jimny is being part exed. Its my gfs car any way not mine. She has bought a Toyota rav 4 2.2 diesel 2009 model from a dealer I've used for past 20years. Got full warranty etc and will suit her needs better. Thanks for everyone's help on here, it's helped me do many a job on the jimny
Cheers
Matt

• Mattch5150
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
03 Jan 2019 17:48 #199964 by Mattch5150
Again thanks for all your help. I've requested my account to be closed. Jimny is worst car I've ever driven, I think it should be off road only, but I see where the affinity comes from. Biggest issue is terrible rust, like Japanese cars from the 70s. Good luck to you all, and again thanks

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds