BigJimnyMeet (North) 2024 (12 Jan 2024)

BigJimnyMeet 2024

14th July 2024
Parkwood Nr. Leeds

Booking now open - EARLY BIRD DISCOUNTED PRICE

Click HERE for details

× A place for general chat about the Jimny. Please make sure you post in the correct section on the site, this way it keeps the site tidy AND ensures you get a more relevant answer.

Suppliers/Dealers or anyone selling with a commercial view in mind CANNOT post here unless responding to a specific request of a member in a "wanted" post.

Suppliers include people "breaking for spares" on a regular basis, when purchasing spares members should ask a supplier what they contribute to the running of the forum particularly if contacted by a Private Message

Suppliers or Members who have contributed to the forum can be identifed by the
logo.

Air con

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Dec 2018 17:16 #198484 by Cremator1
Air con was created by Cremator1
ok So thought I would try air con on new jimny today switched on all worked but lifted bonnet and noticed every 10/15 seconds you hear a click fan would run then click off should it do this many thanks dawn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Riccy
  • Banned
  • Banned
    Registered
  • J999 MNY Bashing around Carlisle
More
01 Dec 2018 17:35 #198486 by Riccy
Replied by Riccy on topic Air con
Sounds good. The click will be the compressor magnetic clutch pulling in/out as its needed, which results in the electric fan at the front coming on/off.

The compressor is located on the right at the bottom (passenger side of UK vehicle, same belt as the power steering pump, below it). This is where you should be hearing the click from.

The magnetic clutch in the compressor saves fuel by only running the compressor when needed (less load on the engine belts). On a hot day the compressor would be engaged a lot more, even more so in traffic.

J999 MNY, ULYSSES M18 VVT with ITB's Dyno tested at 130hp

Pickup/tipper, R7me gearbox & 6.4 Rocklobster, 31" Toyo MT, 2x ARB air locker 3.9 diffs in braced axles, 6" total lift, Floating rear conversion, Raptor painted, CB, Recaro's, Caged, etc, etc...

www.youtube.com/user/riclemus

• Cremator1
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Dec 2018 17:39 #198487 by Cremator1
Replied by Cremator1 on topic Air con
Hi oh ok car engine was cold and it was just ticking over yes that’s where I can here the clicking it just seems to be a lot of clicking in and out never heard this on my other car well heard it click but not as much as this it is blowing cold air and pipes are cold

• Leighlo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Dec 2018 20:05 #198499 by Leighlo
Replied by Leighlo on topic Air con
Sorry to hijack the thread but I’ve got the feeling mine doesn’t click off, any ideas?

The compressor runs constantly and is freezing up the air con pipes and heater matrix

• paradox1001
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
01 Dec 2018 20:08 #198500 by paradox1001
Replied by paradox1001 on topic Re:Air con
Sounds like the clutch maybe stuck

More
02 Dec 2018 21:23 - 02 Dec 2018 21:23 #198554 by Max Headroom
Replied by Max Headroom on topic Re:Air con
Top-tip...(sorry if you already knew this)

Just a thing an American friend once told me, and I have heard it from other people since, and that is, those with A/C should run the system for at least 10 mins every few weeks on full-cold to keep it in good condition EVEN IN WINTER!.

This allows the coolant to circulate through the system and keep the rubber seals from drying-out and causing leaks

IF IT AINT BROKE, KEEP FIXING IT UNTIL IT IS
Last edit: 02 Dec 2018 21:23 by Max Headroom.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds